::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Damon will probably tune us both up in a few hours.

Nah, you did well.
The French "oo" sound and the French "r" are perhaps the two most difficult sounds for an American to pronounce correctly, and basically impossible to explain in text.

To have them next to each other in a word is even more fun. Plus, the letter K appears very rarely in French (it is a 10 point letter in French Scrabble) so a word ending in k will have a teeeny-tiny little aspirate sort-of half syllable after it...

So yeah, your description is fine!

No, that was Norman Fell.

Sebastian Cabot played Mr. French in Family Affair, but according to IMDB his first name was Giles.

No, no, no, French Stewart played an alien named Harry in Third Rock from the Sun!

We're in KC and Wichita. We'll miss you completely in KC, but I doubt there would have been time for a PoHo meetup in any case-- that part's a whirlwind. Most of the time will be spent in Wichita.

We ate at Gates last trip (yum) and went to the top of the WWI memorial, but not to the museum. The KC portion of the trip is mostly about catching up with old friends, so it will be more visiting than sightseeing anyway.

And the fire show around the keeper of the Plains at night (9, 10, and 11 I think, but they should Google for days) is a sight to see

The Zoo is awesome and temps on Tuesday and Wednesday next week would be perfect
Same with Botanica (botanical garden)
If they want something free, the brand new downtown library just opened (or is opening this week) and would be cool just to explore what a super modern 21st century library looks like.

Doo Dah Diner for breakfast is always a great choice.
See how life in Wichita was (minus the bars and brothels that were West Wichita) when we were a cowtown at Cowtown.
Find a actual whole car that was produced in Wichita at the Wichita Sedgwick County Historical Museum.
The Wichita Art Museum is full of visual wonders.
Botanica is a nice garden.
The Wichita Wingnuts are an American Association baseball team and their games are usually pretty fun.
Clifton Square is a neat place for really good food of all sorts.

When I first started being the liturgist at my old church the pastor said, "nobody really knows the correct pronunciation of ancient names and places anyway, so go for it your way and you'll be as close to correct as anybody else."

Here's the bane of every supervisor of readers:

"prophecy" is pronounced prah-fuh-see

"prophesy" is pronounced prah-fuh-sigh

Thanks! Our time in Wichita is all family, all the time, so we'll be focused on events that are both grandparent- and kid-friendly. The art museum sounds great, and I'm intrigued by Keeper of the Plains-- both the statue itself and the surrounding areas look strlking.

OK, I'll stop.

Top Bottom