::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Home and in my own little bed. Overnight trip to Willcox, AZ so Mrs Pere could buy peaches. She’s had terrible luck with peaches this year. We took Mrs Pere’s mother with us. Lots of roots-tripping. They used to farm near there. She has a load of grief to deal with: spouse in memory care, she put her little dog down this week, and she’s slipping herself and knows it.

The time has come, I guess. I'm losing my hair pretty quickly. It started in my beard, and then my head, and is evident elsewhere, too.

So be it. Just a bump in the road on the way to winning this thing....

The time has come, I guess. I'm losing my hair pretty quickly. It started in my beard, and then my head, and is evident elsewhere, too.

Are you going to go au natural, wear a wig, or use a hat/bandanas?

Home and in my own little bed. Overnight trip to Willcox, AZ so Mrs Pere could buy peaches. She’s had terrible luck with peaches this year. We took Mrs Pere’s mother with us. Lots of roots-tripping. They used to farm near there. She has a load of grief to deal with: spouse in memory care, she put her little dog down this week, and she’s slipping herself and knows it.

Sending some mojo for the family Padre!

No. They make white board paint kits at Home Depot. They work but you have to put some effort in and there are some pointers that I can share with you if you decide to do it.

Okay thanks.

I used WD-40 like the DIY sites suggested. We'll see how it goes.

Get past the bump and keep kicking its ass Don!!

can't sleep any more and I slept terrible last night

tomorrow will be my first, first day of school in five years. I've somehow managed to miss the last four with a variety of ailments all during the first week back of school.

I'll knock on wood that nothing happens to me today :)

so yeah, twenty-three years in and I still get excited/anxious/nervous (in a good way) about the first day of school.

Au natural. I'll wear hats if I'm cold, or to protect me from the sun. I'm not worried about it. It'll grow back. It's just a little strange, is all....

So have you and Elaine decided to permanently reside in Florida? What’s your timeline for selling the house etc...

So have you and Elaine decided to permanently reside in Florida? What’s your timeline for selling the house etc...

Yes, we've made the decision to live here. She's going home next weekend to start packing us up. She'll start with the stuff we know is coming down here. Then she'll dispose of some stuff we aren't keeping. Some stuff will go into storage until we can make up our minds.

The realtor is all set to list the condo. We hope to sell soon, before we have to start paying school taxes, and property taxes.

She'll need to make several trips. She'll try to go just before my chemo cycles begin, when I feel my best, so she can be back here with me during chemo. I hate that she's stuck doing all this work by herself, but I can't help it....

Last edited:
Yes, we've made the decision to live here. She's going home next weekend to start packing us up. She'll start with the stuff we know is coming down here. Then she'll dispose of some stuff we aren't keeping. Some stuff will go into storage until we can make up our minds.

The realtor is all set to list the condo. We hope to sell soon, before we have to start paying school taxes, and property taxes.

She'll need to make several trips. She'll try to go just before my chemo cycles begin, when I feel my best, so she can be back here with me during chemo. I hate that she's stuck doing all this work by herself, but I can't help it....

When we bought I remember that we actually paid the guy back taxes he paid since he paid them already and wasn't gonna be living there. I think that all gets sorted in the sale of the house.

So, sitting in my classroom on the Sunday morning before school starts.

I was so sure I needed to be here to get ready for tomorrow that I couldn't sleep well last night and woke up early this morning. Now I'm sitting here looking for things to do. Currently re-writing my "green sheets" just because.

First day jitters.

Every. Year.

So, sitting in my classroom on the Sunday morning before school starts.

I was so sure I needed to be here to get ready for tomorrow that I couldn't sleep well last night and woke up early this morning. Now I'm sitting here looking for things to do. Currently re-writing my "green sheets" just because.

First day jitters.

Every. Year.

Actually not entirely true.

Four years ago I was in excruciating pain with pancreatitis.
Three years ago I was heavily sedated after shoulder surgery.
Two years ago I was back in pain with kidney stones.
And last year I had my defibrillator implanted. Also no fun.

Top Bottom