::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Delivered beer today. Made a brink of beer. It's like a keg but you can access it better with out a tap on top. Cleaned some firkins out that I picked up. That's pretty much about it.

DAMOn.

Laptop question ?

Not sure if this is to much or not enough for everyday pc

Ideapad 330 17" - Platinum Grey
Part Number: 81DM000PUS
Web Price:$899.99
After Instant Savings:
$671.99
Savings:$228.00
Ships same business day
ADD TO CART
Pay as low as $25/month
Compare
Processor
8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8550U Processor (1.80GHz, up to 4.00GHz with Turbo Boost Technology, 8MB Cache)
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64
Display Type
17.3" HD+ (1600 x 900) anti-glare
Memory
12 GB DDR4 2133MHz (4 GB onboard + 8 GB DIMM)
Hard Drive
2TB 5400 RPM
Optical Drive
DVD-RW
Warranty
1 Year Depot or Carry-in
AC Adapter
45 watt AC
Graphics
Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 620
Battery
2 cell Li-polymer 30Wh
Bluetooth
Bluetooth® 4.1
Camera
0.3MP
Fingerprint Reader
None
Keyboard
Keyboard - US English
Wireless
Lenovo AC Wireless (1 x 1)

Here is how you choose a laptop:
1. Set your budget.
2. Go for i7, but i5 is ok.
3. Get most RAM you can afford. These days 16 Gb is preferred.
4. Get an SSD. Longer battery life WAY better performance, more reliable.
You may think you want that big 2tb hard drive. But I would rather have 256gb SSD than a 2TB 5400 rpm drive.

You can always buy a 2tb (or larger) USB external drive for BACKUPS and storing more stuff for less than $100.

Please backup often.

Hope that helps!

If I had to do it all over again with what I know now, I’d graduate high school, go into the military, do my time, and then go to school on the GI bill. I’d still have to figure out what I wanted to do but I think a stint in the military would have directed me.

The current kids coming out of the military and going to school on the 911 bill get 100% of their schooling paid for plus $2800 a month to live on. That’s a pretty sweet deal in my opinion. It only lasts for so many years but I’ve met students that are on their 3rd and 4th certification learning different trades.

Here is how you choose a laptop:
1. Set your budget.
2. Go for i7, but i5 is ok.
3. Get most RAM you can afford. These days 16 Gb is preferred.
4. Get an SSD. Longer battery life WAY better performance, more reliable.
You may think you want that big 2tb hard drive. But I would rather have 256gb SSD than a 2TB 5400 rpm drive.

You can always buy a 2tb (or larger) USB external drive for BACKUPS and storing more stuff for less than $100.

Please backup often.

Hope that helps!

Thanks. I can’t decide either on dell, hp or Lenovo....

If I had to do it all over again with what I know now, I’d graduate high school, go into the military, do my time, and then go to school on the GI bill. I’d still have to figure out what I wanted to do but I think a stint in the military would have directed me.

The current kids coming out of the military and going to school on the 911 bill get 100% of their schooling paid for plus $2800 a month to live on. That’s a pretty sweet deal in my opinion. It only lasts for so many years but I’ve met students that are on their 3rd and 4th certification learning different trades.

I think the military is an excellent option for some folks. I did that, myself. My time in service did not, however, help me figure out what I wanted to do. I never DID figure out what I wanted to do. Instead, I did what I had to in order to make a living, and provide benefits and a retirement.

I'm glad our current military folks have such an attractive GI Bill program! It was not nearly as good when I got out....

Pour a boat load of Dawn dish detergent down the drain and let it sit for a few hours. Then rinse with hot water.

Dawn breaks down oils, soap scum, etc. and allows any solids stuck by that stuff to then move along.

If you repeat this once a week it helps clean out the rest of the pipe.

I’ll give it a shot. Thanks!

A very happy and healthy Thanksgiving Day to all!

And safe traveling to any that are doing that.

Top Bottom