::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Hi, Rob! How has Shirley been?

Not too bad. Just trying to get back to where she was a couple of years ago.
The only hip pain is the muscle to the rear of the joint. The opposite knee (right) is very worn and acts up a bit.

Mrs Pere's brother is in town to look after MIL & FIL. FIL is fading, but not fast. MIL is scrambled and in denial a lot. BIL is the vice-patriarch. In this family system I don't have much authority or credibility. So I just slouch along, being helpful whenever I can. I learned long ago that whether I have opinions or not, it doesn't really matter; the result is the same. The sibs, one of the spouses, and 3 grandsons are authorized. The rest of us are spectators and support staff.

This may sound more bitter than I intend. There isn't much family anger on display despite the challenging circumstances. The biggest issue for me is that Mrs Pere wanted to have some kind of reconciliation with her father. He's been cruel/rude to her for years. He's too far into his dementia now for that to happen, yet some of the rudeness continues. She feels it extremely. For that, I am bitter.

In other news, we saw IT chapter 2.
We rather enjoyed the reboot, but this "completion" was meh at best.
Bizarre audience reactions as well. Some people in the theater were laughing hysterically at stuff we did not find that funny. And some things which WERE pretty funny, seemed like only Nanilei and I were chuckling.

Had two rude young ladies near us that we wanted to punch in the face because they would not SHUT UP, or hey - try using your inside voice at least.

Their mother even walked over to them and told them to quiet down and they lipped back to her. Unbelievable.

They appeared to be about 18 so old enough to know better.

Shows you how long it's been since Mim has been around. Most of us forget about the Ks these days...

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU GUYS WHILE I WAS AWAY?!

Where is the whimsey! Ks are the most important thing!!!
I haz a sad!

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU GUYS WHILE I WAS AWAY?!

Where is the whimsey! Ks are the most important thing!!!
I haz a sad!

It's all good, just different. There are fewer contestants to run with. If you want to run we'll cheer you on.

Blue skies and sunshine this morning. A high in the mid seventies. No air conditioning again today. It will be about four to six weeks and I will have to be thinking about turning on the furnace probably.

Blue skies and sunshine this morning. A high in the mid seventies. No air conditioning again today. It will be about four to six weeks and I will have to be thinking about turning on the furnace probably.

Temperatures will probably be in the 90s again today. I find I don't mind the heat, much. Every place has A/C....

Temperatures will probably be in the 90s again today. I find I don't mind the heat, much. Every place has A/C....

I don't like paying the power company for the air. But I'm not going to suffer either.

You're in the northeast quadrant of FL, right?

Morning kids. Busted my butt working way too hard the last two days. Slept hard last night. Had a sweet dream about a childhood friend who died a few years back. In the dream it was current time but we were both young and skinny. It was a very pleasant dream. Woke up too early. The bed is warm and my two dogs are cuddled up next to me. Looking forward to today and tomorrow. No work and no plans.

I don't like paying the power company for the air. But I'm not going to suffer either.

You're in the northeast quadrant of FL, right?

Very centrally positioned on the Florida peninsula. Central both north to south, and east and west. About an hour south of Orlando, and an hour east of Tampa, give or take a bit....

Waiting to go to a CT scan this afternoon. I'm not allowed to eat or drink until after its done, and had to start fasting at 10:30. PITA....

Well at least you were able to go early in am....my Endo was 300 in afternoon. No food I was allowed to eat after midnight which really meant 11 or so when I went to bed....looks like prelim says yup gluten free I will need to be.

Top Bottom