::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Let me know when you get good at it. I was going to order some stickers for the parents on James' basketball team. Their logo is a zebra (head).

Long story about why a zebra but basically back in 1930 when they wouldn't let Japanese play in organized sports like little league, pop warner etc. they formed their own leagues. The basketball uniforms were donated by a local high school coach and they were black and white striped shorts and jerseys. So instead of being called by their formal name, people called them "San Jose Zebras" and the name stuck. My 5'2" grandfather was on that team. We have a picture of him proudly posing with a basketball and the uniform must be two sizes too big :)

What do you want it to say?

Is there an established logo you could send me?

Looking for my birth certificate to get my "Real ID"

I took a copy down to DMV and they wouldn't accept it. I get that but I don't know if I can find an original and I wouldn't know where to start looking to get an official copy. The hospital where I was born no longer exists.

City Hall?

Here it's at the county clerk's office.

I made a pot of white chicken chili for dinner, which turned out too spicy for Elaine. I'll be eating this stuff for a week!

I get it that she doesn't like spicy food....I really do. She likes food very bland, as is her prerogative. I try to accommodate, but this time I missed the mark. If I make this again, I need to tone it down if she is to be able to eat it....

I made a pot of white chicken chili for dinner, which turned out too spicy for Elaine. I'll be eating this stuff for a week!

I get it that she doesn't like spicy food....I really do. She likes food very bland, as is her prerogative. I try to accommodate, but this time I missed the mark. If I make this again, I need to tone it down if she is to be able to eat it....

Recipe? I tried a white bean chicken "chili" about a year ago - found the recipe online and thought it looked good, but the family wasn't impressed. I've been wanting to find another to try out.

No. It’s the rooms above the garage.

(I was hoping to get red lettered.)

Are they attached? I remember a room off the back of mine that went down the maids staircase. Was that one of them?

I took a copy down to DMV and they wouldn't accept it. I get that but I don't know if I can find an original and I wouldn't know where to start looking to get an official copy. The hospital where I was born no longer exists.

City Hall?

The county you were born in would have it.

HAhahAhaHAHahhAHAHa yeah, I can see that. Still a cool contraption though and you never know, with more sunny days in AZ you might use it more often than you do now.

He goes about 160 pounds plus and when he does keep his feet on the pedals it adds to the drag. I'm OK when it's flat, but the little neighborhood parade finishes with a biting uphill block. By the end I'm gassed.

Are you talking about gloves that massage hands when you put them on?

No, I'm talking about a tight fitting glove that feels good on the skin and doesn't restrict the masseuse, but I like your idea too. I googled and of there is some sort of vibrating massage glove from Asia also.

My phone just told me that it's time for the summer Bootid meteor shower.

Sounds like booty AND

boobies.

City Hall?

Welcome to my world.
I was born in Yokohama. Until I was registered at the Australian Embassy, I was "stateless".
A couple of decades ago I had let my passport expire (I know right!!) and needed to apply for a new one. They wanted my ORIGINAL birth certificate and an original extract from the register at the Yokohama office. I had COPIES of these but not certified. The hospital closed years ago. The Australian Yokohama office had lost its register about 40 years ago so they couldn't help! Eventually - after writing to various departments etc they issued me with a certificate of NATURALISATION confirming I was an Australian citizen - which allowed me to get the passport. What that means is that I am *both* an Australian by birth AND I have been naturalised - ie as if I was an immigrant applying for citizenship. BUT at least I have my passport - and now it never has a chance to expire :D

(I was hoping to get red lettered.)

Are they attached? I remember a room off the back of mine that went down the maids staircase. Was that one of them?

(it occurred to me)
Yep. And there a small room within that room. Aiden’s room!

Top Bottom