::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Good morning.

Looking through the bunker's periscope I see that there is some white stuff on the ground. I has been explained to me that heavy frost does not fall from the sky like this stuff appeared to be doing.

I came to take a look here a few minutes ago and found that I was signed out. Ok, I touched the password box and it filled with dots. I pushed enter and here I is! I think that I remember my password? I never sign out so...

Good morning.

Looking through the bunker's periscope I see that there is some white stuff on the ground. I has been explained to me that heavy frost does not fall from the sky like this stuff appeared to be doing.

Run outside and build an igloo?

In other news, that really cool 55" Toshiba 4K TV I got on Black Friday last year now has little black lines in the lower right of the screen.
One year warranty.
Phew!
Gotta call Best Buy...

...who will disavow any knowledge or responsibility and tell you to go to Toshiba? Just a guess.

I grilled Tri-tip, broccoli, and peppers for dinner.

I smoked a whopping big (15 pounds) pork shoulder to celebrate Emma's family birthday party. Her birthday is this coming Wednesday. She will be 13. A teenage girl in the house. I shudder.

A very happy and healthy Veterans day to all!

I was in Walmart, the other day, and a young fellow came up to me and told me that they were giving free haircuts to veterans that day. It's a good possibility it looked as though I needed one.

I told him that I was good, but did not correct him. I suppose I looked like a veteran to him.

I will not accept a benefit, like that, that I did not earn. To me it would be very disrespectful to those that did served. Many paid the ultimate price for us to continue our lives here.

I was at a Veterans' Day parade about 10 years ago. We had visited the Coast Guard cutter with which I shared a last name. I had bought on of their crew hats and wore it to the parade. One of the officials of the parade shot me a salute on the sidelines. I was very uncomfortable to have been mistaken to have given service. The discomfort lasted for days. I even tried to sort it out with some of the vets in the congregation.

I've received appropriate recognition for things I've done. I've no wish to masquerade as someone who I am not.

VERY windy out there, and cold, too! I'm glad we're in for the day!

We're windy, cold, and clear here. Mother nature brought the winds in last night to help clear the leaves from the trees. We finally got our first frost at the end of the week last week, so things feel like they're more on schedule now.

Well folks, it's time to share some news. It appears that Sam the Eagle has been lost for good. Yes, I was Sam - as many of you guessed. After many many attempts to revive the account, I am unable to get the password reset and not able to log in because Sam's email account was disabled. Attempts to create a new account for Sam have not worked.

Sam blames the online Russian propaganda / mental manipulation machine creating fake accounts for getting his email account shut down. As for creating a new account on the forum... the software seems to have a "feature" in it that rejects creating a new account for Sam.

So at this point our fine feathered friend is no longer able to harrumph around in the on-line world.

Sigh. So sad. I, of course, KNEW you were Sam. (I saw NAME REDACTED post a Sam post one evening with his own account. He deleted it very quickly, but I was in the right place at the right time.)

All the same, I will miss Sam. Your posts in his feathers were wonderful.

I’ll go today to say my goodbyes and resign in person.

I felt a tremendous weight off my shoulders when we said good bye to our old church...and then a tremendous sadness. Good on you for resigning in person - that's class.

A very happy and healthy Veterans day to all!

I was in Walmart, the other day, and a young fellow came up to me and told me that they were giving free haircuts to veterans that day. It's a good possibility it looked as though I needed one.

I told him that I was good, but did not correct him. I suppose I looked like a veteran to him.

I will not accept a benefit, like that, that I did not earn. To me it would be very disrespectful to those that did served. Many paid the ultimate price for us to continue our lives here.

My dad was a veteran of WWII but wouldn't accept recognition for it. He was stateside throughout the war (entered in '44 and by the time his training in naval aviation was complete the war was winding down and he wasn't sent to the Pacific). It's not that he didn't appreciate his time in the Navy, but he felt he hadn't sacrificed like others who saw action did and he was able to go to college and medical school on the GI Bill, so he felt like he'd been fully paid for his service. Besides, in his mind if you were military age during WWII enlisting was just something you did because it was the right thing to do, so he didn't feel like he deserved special recognition for it. Several of his colleagues of the same age really had the same attitudes. I think that's part of what made them the Greatest Generation.

I came to take a look here a few minutes ago and found that I was signed out. Ok, I touched the password box and it filled with dots. I pushed enter and here I is! I think that I remember my password? I never sign out so...

Most modern browsers will remember your password for you - at some point it asked you if that was okay and you said yes...but who knows when that was...

Top Bottom