::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

It got up to 115° yesterday and may do so again today. Given modern conveniences like AC in home and car, and a pool it's not bad. But to be poor and not have access to such conveniences, or to work outside all day would be a real trial.

The TV weatherpeople keep teasing us with the Monsoon. Looking forward to thunderstorms. We've been almost 2 months with no rain. Guess that's why we call it the desert.

In 1995 in Chicago they lost so many people they brought in refrigerated semi trailers to hold the dead. (739 heat-related deaths in Chicago over a period of five days)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Chicago_heat_wave

It was 118 in Cathedral City.
That's just too hot.
Amazing that by the time we got to Riverside it was 88 and then 78 in Huntington. About 130 miles between Huntington and Palm Springs.

Isn't Monterey Bay supposed to be really good too. I know it's an underwater canyon.

Northern California so water temp is 55-60 degrees. Definitely wet suit diving. The kelp forests and Garibaldi (California State Fish) are fun. It's much different from tropical diving.

It got up to 115° yesterday and may do so again today. Given modern conveniences like AC in home and car, and a pool it's not bad. But to be poor and not have access to such conveniences, or to work outside all day would be a real trial.

The TV weatherpeople keep teasing us with the Monsoon. Looking forward to thunderstorms. We've been almost 2 months with no rain. Guess that's why we call it the desert.

The monsoons are being stopped at the border. Or you could blame the high pressure system that was sitting over Alaska for a while and baking them.

We've been without rains for a while too. Past two days we've had afternoon rains and it's been nice. Sort of need it, but at the same time the lightning strikes have a tendency to ignite things.

Nanilei, Grams, and I are waiting at the gate to fly back to Oahu.
We anticipated some hassles at TSA so we came early.
Well we got in the priority lane (Mahalo Pualani Platinum!) and the TSA agent just glanced at the paperwork, ran her container separately, and we were through.
At the gate two hours early.
Much better than rushing though!
We are bummed the lounge is closed.

Yay!
I will be enjoying a 4 Oz. cup in about three hours.

The frantic Hawaiian Airlines POG distribution cracks me up every time I fly interisland. And yes, I coveted my little POG portion last week when it came down the aisle.

The frantic Hawaiian Airlines POG distribution cracks me up every time I fly interisland. And yes, I coveted my little POG portion last week when it came down the aisle.

Papaya, Orange, and Guava juice?

Me too.
The Lana'i flight, at 22 minutes airborne, is pretty frantic, even if there are only 48 passengers max to get through.

Top Bottom