Page 2100 of 2240 FirstFirst ... 1100160020002050209020982099210021012102211021502200 ... LastLast
Results 20,991 to 21,000 of 22397

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    That's why you have a tractor!

My great uncles used to plant daikon radish and burdock (gobo in Japanese) and harvest it with a tractor instead of digging them up. I used to think that was awesome when I was a kid.

You know what's crazy to me? I was driving tractors when I was ten (as soon as I was old/heavy enough to depress the clutch). I used to drive into town (12 miles each way) for groceries when I was 12. I look at James at 12 and he can barely cook himself a grilled cheese sandwich. I knew how to do so many things when I was his age because I grew up on orchards. He can barely ride a bike. I always wonder what affect that will have on his life in the long run?

I'm guessing it will be pretty much the same but just different circumstances. He doesn't need to know how to do most all of the stuff I learned. Different times, different skills.
    Don't get me started on tractors, both of my 8N's are not running at the moment. Both had a carburetor go bad, got one fixed and now the water pump failed.

I grew up in suburbs, my dad was old by the time I came around. I learned no practical skills. I learned all my stuff after I moved to the sticks.

Matt has no interest in the tractor or chainsaw or any of that stuff. He is learning some car stuff since he is driving, but not a country kid.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

I know Gary Yoshida.

Messed up my back last week scoring some road-side firewood. Finally back to a point where I can function again. It is easy to see why people with back problems end up hook
    ed on pills. Back pain sucks.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

I know Gary Yoshida.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    Fascinating, got to wonder how the home dynamics come into play.
    This particular class is fascinating. They unanimously turned to one kid and asked him how he wanted them to organize. This class is for the most part cooperating with each other and thinking over their rules and consequences thoughtfully. There are the isolated kids that always yell out comments for laughs and interestingly enough, I've found that over the years that those are the kids who wanted to be "leader" whether they admitted it to the class or even themselves. You can see their desire to have the classes attention

I wish I had a better background in psychology to understand their behavior.

Besides "man is inherently evil" I mean.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Don't get me started on tractors, both of my 8N's are not running at the moment. Both had a carburetor go bad, got one fixed and now the water pump failed.

I grew up in suburbs, my dad was old by the time I came around. I learned no practical skills. I learned all my stuff after I moved to the sticks.

Matt has no interest in the tractor or chainsaw or any of that stuff. He is learning some car stuff since he is driving, but not a country kid.

If I were Matt I would have gotten in trouble for taking apart the tractor by now. When I was 12 my dad bought me a brand new Yamaha YZ 125. We unloaded it and he went in the house. When he came out a couple hours later to see what I was doing I had the bike stripped down to the frame. Hadn't even started it yet.

His fault. He told me I had to know everything about working on bikes/motors if I was going to race them. Actually he was pretty impressed after he got over his initial anger. I had sketched how things came apart when I knew I might not remember or didn't know how it worked. A cell phone with a camera would have saved a ton of time

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Messed up my back last week scoring some road-side firewood. Finally back to a point where I can function again. It is easy to see why people with back problems end up hook

Hope you feel better quickly Mike.

Passionately Untalented

I am really sick of picking cherry tomatoes, we've frozen bags and bags of them already. Same with Thai chilis, oodles! I planted some flat white Boer pumpkins this year, looks like they will be productive. Watermelons are already harvested, corn is long gone. My biggest success this year is papayas, I managed to grow papayas and get them to fruit in Indiana!
    But...papayas are trees! Are there dwarf papayas that will fit in the greenhouse?
    1:99
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Try planting a seed or two. I've sprouted all sorts of weird stuff from seed, jack fruit, avocados, custard apple, citrus.
    I have successfully sprouted avocados and gotten them to grow in a pot in the past; obviously they don't grow to full, fruiting size since they have to be a house plant in the NW.
    1:99
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    I have successfully sprouted avocados and gotten them to grow in a pot in the past; obviously they don't grow to full, fruiting size since they have to be a house plant in the NW.
    I think you need two avocado trees to pollinate each otherwise no fruit. I remember being told that when I was little.

Passionately Untalented

It really effect everything!
    www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...
    You're an awesome maniac! -Mark Stay weird, Mim. -RichM
    ...perhaps your quality expectation looks different from me. -PK

Mine? Huh? I probably posted too early!

I GOT THE K!!!

IT IS LIKE THE OLD DAYS AGAIN! MINE MINE MINE!!!! ALL MINE!

MY K!

Back off! IT IS MINE!
    www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...
    You're an awesome maniac! -Mark Stay weird, Mim. -RichM
    ...perhaps your quality expectation looks different from me. -PK

Thread Information