::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Thanks Hos for the birthday wishes. It's been pretty low key. We finished the MIL's car sales today and those on Facebook can see a stunning pie. Mrs Pere is still pretty sick so we won't (and probably shouldn't to be honest) go out. As Gary's posts show, there's a lot of mucus intolerance out there and we were headed to a Japanese restaurant.

Last edited:
Hey Padre hope you enjoy your day!! How long til pool is ready??

Water's in the mid-60s now. Still too chilly for me. It seems to track about 10° behind the daytime high. We won't be in the 80s for another week or two. I might get brave once it reaches 70°.

We got a little snow yesterday evening. It stuck to the grass. I don't think it's going to last long even there. I was hoping that we were done with that, but I guess it's just too early yet.

We got a little snow yesterday evening. It stuck to the grass. I don't think it's going to last long even there. I was hoping that we were done with that, but I guess it's just too early yet.

No snow here in NY at the moment, but these temperatures at the freezing mark are a bit much after nine months in FL!!

Now on remember why I wanted to move, in the first place....

I was never aware of much prejudice as a kid.

In elementary school I was one of about 3 Asians in school

High school maybe 12 in my class. Less than 50 in the school of 2500. Only a couple times and those were in sports and comments from the crowd. Oh, and one girlfriends elderly grandfather who fought in the Pacific Rim during WWII. He was suffering from dementia and even called me a “dirty jap” at one point.

Anyhow, the long winded point is that I’ve seen more racism/prejudice in the last several weeks than I have in my entire lifetime. Not even when Japan was being blamed for our bad economy. I feel like trickle down from Trump is the bigger factor, more so than the current hysteria.

I saw a post from a local racist describing it as Wuhan virus.

I’m at the dealership waiting for an oil change.

Just choked on my coffee a bit. Now getting stares from the five other people in the lounge.

I think I might have to sneeze on this one lady who looks to be on the verge of making a rude comment.

I would have been tempted to walk up and say “hey, don’t I know you? (Sniff), where did you go to high school? (Throat clear), I swear I know you from somewhere (cough, cough), do you have an older sister?” (Wheezing), mind if I sit down?”

I would have been tempted to walk up and say “hey, don’t I know you? (Sniff), where did you go to high school? (Throat clear), I swear I know you from somewhere (cough, cough), do you have an older sister?” (Wheezing), mind if I sit down?”

She was sitting next to the coffee machine. Couldn't help myself. Went over to make a cup and muttered "quietly" to my self that "I wonder if I have a fever? This cough is killing me" while waiting for the coffee to brew.

I guess I'm not always a good person.

Think I'll order some Tylenol (I have Advil) Robitussum and a vaporizer just to error on the safe side.

Everything I've read says I'm pretty high risk.

Do you drink any of the Japanese whiskeys? I'd like to pick up a nice bottle but don't know where to start.

Sorry Gary, I don’t have any experience with them to speak from. I’m mostly a single malt guy. I don’t think I've ever had Irish whiskey, and bourbon is not my friend.

I’m at the dealership waiting for an oil change.

Just choked on my coffee a bit. Now getting stares from the five other people in the lounge.

I think I might have to sneeze on this one lady who looks to be on the verge of making a rude comment.

Allergy season has started. Before the temps fell here, tree pollen counts were high. I was sneezing the other day while shopping, and the looks. Oh, boy. The personal space while in line was nice.

Top Bottom