::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Try thinking of it as new and improved. Hope to see you there.

I had transition and loss issues too. We can get through this together. Apart.

I'm having trouble figuring this out. Who knew? I followed the link, downloaded the Discord app, and now I'm stuck.

It says it is installed, and yet I can't find it anywhere in order to try it....

can you take screenshots of your tablet? Maybe we can walk you through it. Maybe even describe what you see and maybe we can replicate it and walk you through.

Yeah Don, don't give up. We need you there.

I clicked on the link that was posted here on the thread. I got a screen, in Google Play?, that advertises the Discord app. Description, reviews, etc. I clicked the green button near the top that said "Install".

After a bit that changed, and it now says "Installed". So far so good.

I went to my home screen on my tablet, but the app isn't there.

I shut down, and started up again.

I went back to the Discord screen, and it still says "Installed".

I scroll to the bottom of the screen, and there's another green button that says "Open in Play Store app". So, I clicked that. It opens a new screen......which looks exactly like the FIRST screen. WTF?!

No mention of UU anywhere that I could see....

can you take screenshots of your tablet? Maybe we can walk you through it. Maybe even describe what you see and maybe we can replicate it and walk you through.

Sorry, Gary, I have no idea how to do screen shots on my tablet. I think I knew how to do them on our desktop years ago, but I don't remember how....

Sorry, Gary, I have no idea how to do screen shots on my tablet. I think I knew how to do them on our desktop years ago, but I don't remember how....

I'll go back and follow the link Ryan provided and use a different email account and see if I can figure out what's happening to you.

Do you see this icon anywhere?

discord.jpg In Andy's words it looks like Mickey mouse pants.

It might have to wait until later for me Don.

My grandfather passed and I need to make dinner for my parents and grandmother and drop it off to them.

But don't give up. We'll get you there. Hopefully someone else will stop by to help.

But the app should have left you that small icon somewhere, just a matter of finding it. I felt it was hard to navigate at first but I've been poking around with the app and its' not too bad. Just not our usual digs.

It might have to wait until later for me Don.

My grandfather passed and I need to make dinner for my parents and grandmother and drop it off to them.

But don't give up. We'll get you there. Hopefully someone else will stop by to help.

But the app should have left you that small icon somewhere, just a matter of finding it. I felt it was hard to navigate at first but I've been poking around with the app and its' not too bad. Just not our usual digs.

Gary, I'm so very sorry to hear about your grandfather. I know how special your relationship with him was. My condolences to you, and to your family, too.

Weird thing about the Discord app. The icon never did show up on my tablet, which I used to download the app and set up the account.

It showed up on my phone, instead! I do use my phone as a hotspot for internet access on my tablet, but did not expect this.

I messed with it a bit, got verified, but could not figure out what to do next. I'm hoping the hard part is over, now (please, pretty please!). I can't afford to be throwing electronic devices at the walls....

Last edited:
Thanks, Sally. I haven't quit, yet!

I'm hoping this old dog can still learn a few new tricks....:D

Don, try searching for Ukulele Underground once you’re on Discord. Then look at the list of topics. You’ll see anko-honu takes the lead. That’s where we are.

Hope to see you soon.

Don, try searching for Ukulele Underground once you’re on Discord. Then look at the list of topics. You’ll see anko-honu takes the lead. That’s where we are.

Hope to see you soon.

Sounds good, but will I be able to use my tablet? The icon is only on my phone, and my phone is too small to PoHo, at least for my eyes....

Don, I just checked. There are a bunch of tutorials on how to access and use Discord on YouTube.

But why is the icon not showing on his tablet...sounds like his phone and tablet are linked.

Don, maybe try accessing discord in your browser?

Gary, I'm so very sorry to hear about your grandfather. I know how special your relationship with him was. My condolences to you, and to your family, too.

Weird thing about the Discord app. The icon never did show up on my tablet, which I used to download the app and set up the account.

It showed up on my phone, instead! I do use my phone as a hotspot for internet access on my tablet, but did not expect this.

I messed with it a bit, got verified, but could not figure out what to do next. I'm hoping the hard part is over, now (please, pretty please!). I can't afford to be throwing electronic devices at the walls....

Have you set up user name, email and password?

But why is the icon not showing on his tablet...sounds like his phone and tablet are linked.

Don, maybe try accessing discord in your browser?

I don't know why it doesn't show on his tablet, but the icon popped up on my phone too. I'm guessing it's stored on the cloud and went to all my devices linked by cloud storage.

Top Bottom