::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Anyhow, I can't imagine Bobby Curtis Racing uses a fancy egg type thing for BBQ anyhow. I would imagine that Bobby Curtis Racing would cut an oil drim in half, put some wheels on it, and tow that thing all over to make BBQ.

Haven't you seen those guys on the side of the road selling BBQ cooked on those home made cookers they tow behind their trucks? Slathering the sauce on with mops and such. Or is that just a thing where the Cousins live?

Definitely sounds like a Cooter and Bufford thing. My egg isn't fancy - that's the fun of it. Costs half what the fancy ones do.

Can you use them as a slow cooker - say roasting a roast at 180° for six hours?

Okonomiyaki IS older than pizza.

So that's why he fights Godzilla.

You got my mouth watering. The only good Japaense food we get close to the bunker is what we make. Went out the other week to one of three places in town that make sushi. The Tako was off. But at least the rolls didn't unroll this time.

So that's why he fights Godzilla.

You got my mouth watering. The only good Japaense food we get close to the bunker is what we make. Went out the other week to one of three places in town that make sushi. The Tako was off. But at least the rolls didn't unroll this time.

Most Japanese food restaurants around here, and there are many, are not Japanese owned. I don't know if this is racist or not but they just don't taste quite the same. There is one restaurant that is amazing. It's one of those reservation only, you don't get to pick what you order and definitely no take-out orders. The owner is Korean but his family has lived in Japan for three generations now.

It's a brave new world for me. Mesquite charcoal, if that makes a difference. Not much else seems to ba easily available here.

Mesquite I believe is the same as Keawe, and that is my favourite lump charcoal.
I like the kind that looks like broken black chunks of sticks.

Definitely sounds like a Cooter and Bufford thing. My egg isn't fancy - that's the fun of it. Costs half what the fancy ones do.

There is a guy that sets up by the side of the road near my house with one of those almost every weekend.

Most Japanese food restaurants around here, and there are many, are not Japanese owned. I don't know if this is racist or not but they just don't taste quite the same. There is one restaurant that is amazing. It's one of those reservation only, you don't get to pick what you order and definitely no take-out orders. The owner is Korean but his family has lived in Japan for three generations now.

It's not racist if it's accurate. Most of the good places that we have been to over the years are either owned and managed, or just managed (wouldn't know who owns them), by Japanese.

Around here they try to do "fusion" Asian. It is some odd combinations and flavors. Most of the maki and nigiri we've had here is made with unseasoned rice. One place butters the white rice they serve on the side.

It's strange and just not right.

Mesquite I believe is the same as Keawe, and that is my favourite lump charcoal.
I like the kind that looks like broken black chunks of sticks.

Yep, keawe. I love the smell of it. Huge chunks. Ours comes from Mexico.

Last edited:
It's not racist if it's accurate. Most of the good places that we have been to over the years are either owned and managed, or just managed (wouldn't know who owns them), by Japanese.

Around here they try to do "fusion" Asian. It is some odd combinations and flavors. Most of the maki and nigiri we've had here is made with unseasoned rice. One place butters the white rice they serve on the side.

It's strange and just not right.
eeeuuwww. Buttered rice? In Japanese food?

Saw Rocketman tonight.
Not quite what we were expecting, but quite entertaining.
Immediately came home and played "Your Song" and "Tiny Dancer"

I wish I could hit those notes in Tiny Dancer :D

Your Song just might get added to the Boat repertoire.

Saw Rocketman tonight.
Not quite what we were expecting, but quite entertaining.
Immediately came home and played "Your Song" and "Tiny Dancer"

I wish I could hit those notes in Tiny Dancer :D

Your Song just might get added to the Boat repertoire.

Great songs. Not sure if I'll get time to see it myself but whenever I hear Tiny Dancer I think of Almost Famous.

The process of downsizing continues. It's a job that never seems to end.

Yesterday I took my component stereo system to a place that advertises that they buy used stereo equipment. I boxed it all up in the original boxes, with all the original cables, remotes, and owner's manuals. I took my surround sound receiver, multiple CD changer, dual cassette deck, and direct drive turntable. Two components are JVC, and the other two are Denon.

I did some computer searches beforehand, and calculated an estimated value of $300. I know the store needs to make money, so I was prepared to accept an offer of $200.

The guy at the store took everything in, unboxed it all, hooked it all up and tested everything. He determined that everything works properly, which I could have told him. He did some figuring, and then made me his offer.........of $110. For everything.

I told him thanks, but no thanks. I'm not sure why he thinks his profit margin on used sound equipment needs to be over 100%....

I'd rather sell the stuff to some college kid for that price, or to a friend that would like it, rather than let the store make that much profit on it....

Top Bottom