Page 1213 of 1240 FirstFirst ... 213713111311631203121112121213121412151223 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,130 of 12394

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Quote Originally Posted by stillfreeda View Post
    It was like 50 degrees the other day, so I took the opportunity to clean the picture window inside and out. Wow. What an enormous difference.

Now I'm realizing that I really need to either plant some arbor vitae, or stop being naked so much. I'm thinking arbor vitae.

Look at the Green Giant variety of arborvitae. They are essentially disease free and won't up and die on you like some other varieties. Fotinia also works well as a privacy hedge if you live in the right climate.

Have had lots of arborvitae in previous bunkers.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    I seem to be in a cycle of losing about 3 pounds during the week and then gaining it back on the weekends.
    Look on the bright side! You haven't lost those pounds at all, you've simply misplaced them and found them later!

... you probably found them next to the car or house keys.

I may have mentioned we're going to do a mexican food fiesta for the holiday g2g. With me gluten free, and dad & Linda honey being vegan, it seems easier than the "traditional foods".

I probably should have informed the spouse, though. He bought a turkey and a ham.
    Good news!!! Turkey and ham are naturally gluten free!!!

Vegan... well that's just crazy talk right there.

Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    Last month, at our local uke group, we played a song out of one of the Daily Ukulele books that I don't recall us playing before. It's a song I'm quite familiar with, but just hadn't played.

My plan was to go back and play it some more.

The problem is, now I can't remember what the song was....
    Then nobody can tell you that you are playing the wrong chords.

It's funny to watch flocks/families of Mallards walking in the snow. They walk for a while then plunk themselves down and sit for a while. They move in a line. When the first one decides it's time to sit, they all sit where they are. They don't bunch up and sit in a group. Must be union ducks.

Have had the wood burning stove in the bunker going all day. Started it up between 7-8 AM. This year we are using bricks made from compressed saw dust. They burn a long time, stack well in the garage, are easy to handle, and no bugs, etc.

What I like best about them is their consistency in terms of heat output and burn time. It makes it easy to figure out how many to use, and when to stop feeding the stove if you want the burn to die down and go out.

Have you established a relationship with a pharmacy down there and you can just transfer your Rx's? Might be easiest if you use a chain.
    This. We've transferred Rx from both our Kansas Kroger and Costco to their Phoenix stores. Easy Peasy.
    “Justice is like a train that is nearly always late,” mused Russian poet Yevgeny Yevtushenko.”

“62,400 repetitions make one truth.” - Bernard Marx, character in Brave New World, Alduous Huxley

Dig In-finity! - The Naz, in the words of Lord Buckley

Quote Originally Posted by spots View Post
    Have had the wood burning stove in the bunker going all day. Started it up between 7-8 AM. This year we are using bricks made from compressed saw dust. They burn a long time, stack well in the garage, are easy to handle, and no bugs, etc.

What I like best about them is their consistency in terms of heat output and burn time. It makes it easy to figure out how many to use, and when to stop feeding the stove if you want the burn to die down and go out.
    Do you make the bricks??

"And I play dress up every Sunday and try to make the case for an invisible friend" PereBourik

Quote Originally Posted by glass View Post
    Do you make the bricks??
    No. We get them through one of the local big box farm supply stores. You can order in a pallet and then take what you want.

One pallet equals about one cord of wood. Packages come in sets of six bricks. About 90 packages per pallet.

We can store about 60 packages in the bunker at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post
    This. We've transferred Rx from both our Kansas Kroger and Costco to their Phoenix stores. Easy Peasy.
    We use Rite Aid pharmacy, here in NY. They don't have any in central Florida....
    Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

"Just a few ukulele hooligans getting wild and strummy...." - chindog

5:2576

Thread Information