Page 1220 of 1240 FirstFirst ... 220720112011701210121812191220122112221230 ... LastLast
Results 12,191 to 12,200 of 12394

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Quote Originally Posted by stillfreeda View Post
    That sounds interesting. More fun than the pellet system.
    Each system has their place.

I love pellet stoves for those days when you want to burn all day long, but don't want to worry about it and tend it. Just keep the hopper full and burn away. Their down side is that if you lose power then you don't get heat.

The wood stove and the bricks is nice for evening fires. Three bricks will get us through an evening and allow us to cool the rest of the bunker down during that time. Took me a while to learn how to position the bricks to get a good fire going.

An all day burn with the wood stove using bricks is a bit of a pain due to the constant tending. It requires a minimum of four bricks to be burning all the time. It get's very toasty right near the stove. I use elbow length lined leather welding gloves to tend the fire due to the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    I'm bummed.

I feel like it's not really the kids fault, that he can't help himself and stop himself from his actions.

But at the same time, he's the only one that can stop himself from his actions. It just feels like he's being punished for things he can't control even though I understand that he needs to learn to self control.
    Well, you can always come out and spend some time with cousins Bufford and Cooter. By the end of the visit you'll realize that...

I have no idea what you'll realize at the end of such a visit. That's sort of the thing with cousins Bufford and Cooter. One minute you are pulling swap grass out of an outboard motor (they never listen), and the next minute you're discussing quantum mechanics and particle physics.

Now I know what you are thinking... what on earth do Cousins Bufford and Cooter know about fixing an outboard motor clogged with swamp grass?

I'm not sure.

But I'll let you know after my next dinner with them. Which reminds me, I need to brush up on my quantum mechanics and particle physics. Good thing the cousins bought me those "science facts" Dixie cups.

Quote Originally Posted by spots View Post
    My Grammar never allowed anyone to correct her.
    My Gramma corrected my spelling to Grandma.
    “Justice is like a train that is nearly always late,” mused Russian poet Yevgeny Yevtushenko.”

“62,400 repetitions make one truth.” - Bernard Marx, character in Brave New World, Alduous Huxley

Dig In-finity! - The Naz, in the words of Lord Buckley

I remember many years ago when we (my mom, my brother and I) were all into tennis.
    We would play quite a bit and also hit balls launched from a ball machine at the John Wayne Tennis Club.
    Once mom missed a ball and got one right in the eye. Sure, she always said exactly what happened but you could tell a few folks did not believe her...
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

They are highly compressed with no binders, waxes, glues, etc. They don't have the sheen that pellets have.

Interesting tid bit (or not)... It costs exactly the same amount to heat with the wood stove as it does to heat the area with electric heat. Zero savings.
    But with the wood stove, the bunker stays warm if the power goes out....
    Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

"Just a few ukulele hooligans getting wild and strummy...." - chindog

5:2576

Have had the wood burning stove in the bunker going all day. Started it up between 7-8 AM. This year we are using bricks made from compressed saw dust. They burn a long time, stack well in the garage, are easy to handle, and no bugs, etc.

What I like best about them is their consistency in terms of heat output and burn time. It makes it easy to figure out how many to use, and when to stop feeding the stove if you want the burn to die down and go out.
    When I worked in a refugee camp, the UN would give them sort of round hollow sticks about as big round as a beverage can made of compressed rice hulls.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

I know Gary Yoshida.

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    I'm bummed.

I feel like it's not really the kids fault, that he can't help himself and stop himself from his actions.

But at the same time, he's the only one that can stop himself from his actions. It just feels like he's being punished for things he can't control even though I understand that he needs to learn to self control.
    I agree with all of this. While this behavior may not be completely his fault, and I have sympathy for his situation, ultimately he needs to establish self control, and has no right to threaten others with harm....
    Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

"Just a few ukulele hooligans getting wild and strummy...." - chindog

5:2576

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    What did you do to earn that?
    Oh sure, blame the victim.
    “Justice is like a train that is nearly always late,” mused Russian poet Yevgeny Yevtushenko.”

“62,400 repetitions make one truth.” - Bernard Marx, character in Brave New World, Alduous Huxley

Dig In-finity! - The Naz, in the words of Lord Buckley

Good Morning to all!
    Four fingers, four strings.

A very happy and healthy new day to all!
    Uke Players Do It With Four Strings.
    YouTube | Facebook
    ...I think life should be a musical... Tammy
    1:25367

Thread Information