Page 1221 of 1240 FirstFirst ... 221721112111711211121912201221122212231231 ... LastLast
Results 12,201 to 12,210 of 12394

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

The other night on the Voice a singer did Amazing Grace to the tune of House of the Rising Sun. Not a new concept but it works out nicely. It gives it a very different sound. A minor key sound.
    Uke Players Do It With Four Strings.
    YouTube | Facebook
    ...I think life should be a musical... Tammy
    1:25367

I told ya that, so I could tell ya this...

I picked up the uke and found that I didn't immediately remember the chords to House of the Rising Sun. I've played it thousands of times. A little play and try a chord here and there and then run through it a few times and I'm back in business.
    So the moral to this story is even though you know something by heart doesn't mean that you don't have to get it out and work with it every once in a while.
    Uke Players Do It With Four Strings.
    YouTube | Facebook
    ...I think life should be a musical... Tammy
    1:25367

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulelerob View Post
    The other night on the Voice a singer did Amazing Grace to the tune of House of the Rising Sun. Not a new concept but it works out nicely. It gives it a very different sound. A minor key sound.
    Don't forget the trumpet. It was striking.
    “Justice is like a train that is nearly always late,” mused Russian poet Yevgeny Yevtushenko.”

“62,400 repetitions make one truth.” - Bernard Marx, character in Brave New World, Alduous Huxley

Dig In-finity! - The Naz, in the words of Lord Buckley

Hi Hos
    “Justice is like a train that is nearly always late,” mused Russian poet Yevgeny Yevtushenko.”

“62,400 repetitions make one truth.” - Bernard Marx, character in Brave New World, Alduous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post
    Don't forget the trumpet. It was striking.
    I wanted very much to watch that, and had it on, but apparently it was very important for me to be engaged in conversation when she performed. I saw the rehearsal sessions, and the very end of the performance.

The talent level is quite high this year, especially amongst the young ladies. I look forward to it every week....
    Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

"Just a few ukulele hooligans getting wild and strummy...." - chindog

5:2576

I told ya that, so I could tell ya this...

I picked up the uke and found that I didn't immediately remember the chords to House of the Rising Sun. I've played it thousands of times. A little play and try a chord here and there and then run through it a few times and I'm back in business.
    So the moral to this story is even though you know something by heart doesn't mean that you don't have to get it out and work with it every once in a while.
    I fully understand. The difference with me is that I never really get the songs "off book" in the first place. There are songs I've played hundreds, if not thousands of times, but without the book I can't tell you what chords are in them, much less play them. Mental block?

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

Good morning, one and all!

I'm headed off to knitting group, and then to work....both for the last time until after Easter. We leave for Florida tomorrow!

We are off to the Bay Area today. 2 easy days in the saddle. Dinner Friday night at Chez Panisse Cafe. Visit to the ocean. See my family. Stop in Visalia on the way home to pick up roses for Mrs Pere's garden-in-the-making.

Maybe check in tonight from scenic Barstow, California.

Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post
    We are off to the Bay Area today. 2 easy days in the saddle. Dinner Friday night at Chez Panisse Cafe. Visit to the ocean. See my family. Stop in Visalia on the way home to pick up roses for Mrs Pere's garden-in-the-making.

Maybe check in tonight from scenic Barstow, California.
    hmmmmm Barstow, lovely town.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

Thread Information