::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Went to the beach today. Got rained on, but it was ok.
Afterwards went to Target to get some stuff, then decided to hit Wendy's for a late lunch.
We have been eating mostly healthy foods we make ourselves lately.
We both agreed that we are just not eating fast food anymore.

At least until I am near an In-N-Out again :D
That's not really fast food as far as I am concerned anyway.

Went to the beach today. Got rained on, but it was ok.
Afterwards went to Target to get some stuff, then decided to hit Wendy's for a late lunch.
We have been eating mostly healthy foods we make ourselves lately.
We both agreed that we are just not eating fast food anymore.

At least until I am near an In-N-Out again :D
That's not really fast food as far as I am concerned anyway.

You got Five Guys. How much longer till you have an In n Out? Pieology and MOD pizza. You guys are practically mainland already!

I ate until I was full twice today. I haven't done that in a long time but both times were salads so I got that going for me.

Try to stop eating processed stuff.

I bet the pounds fall away.

Cutting back on sodium forces you to eat a lot of "whole" foods like fresh fruits and vegetables. Not the best for my diabetes probably but I eat a lot of fruit these days (when compared to pre-heart failure).

Actually with the weight loss and the better eating my diabetes is under much better control and I'm having to back off the lantus quite a bit. I still take 30 units right now and it's a lot, but that's going down steadily. I used to take 87 units a night. That's out of control.

Tell Tanya she looks great by the way.

You can really see it in her face and arms.

I would love to think that's hyperbole, but it isn't. Look at Middle Eastern countries where women could vote, drive, go without a scarf, wear a miniskirt, go to college... and then those rights were curtailed, and then restricted.

Exactly. Iran used to be a very forward thinking country just 40 years ago.

I left my phone plugged in last night, but it didn't charge at all. I must not have gotten the plug seated correctly. I know, first world problem, but it's a PITA....

It seems like things are changing. I guess that's the way life goes?
There seems not to be any middle ground, with people working together.
Things do move in cycles though. To the victor, goes the spoils.

I would love to think that's hyperbole, but it isn't. Look at Middle Eastern countries where women could vote, drive, go without a scarf, wear a miniskirt, go to college... and then those rights were curtailed, and then restricted.

Be a good Stepford Wife. Don't worry Your pretty little head about what is happening to society.

I'm an old white guy, so I might be alright?
I probably won't live long enough to see women reduced to just a step above livestock.

Enjoy the 19th century ladies!

Maybe that was a bit to far?
Maybe not?

Anyhow 30K on the posts count.

Be a good Stepford Wife. Don't worry Your pretty little head about what is happening to society.

I'm an old white guy, so I might be alright?
I probably won't live long enough to see women reduced to just a step above livestock.

Enjoy the 19th century ladies!

I’m an old white guy too. I’m sickened by the direction our society is headed. Personal liberties are eroding. After they’re through with the women and the non-whites it’ll be everyone else who resists.

I show kids pictures from Iran/Iraq from the '70's and it looks just like it did here.

Inevitably I'll get a kid who will say that their grandparents talk about when it was like that.

Sad.

I’m an old white guy too. I’m sickened by the direction our society is headed. Personal liberties are eroding. After they’re through with the women and the non-whites it’ll be everyone else who resists.

I think what we're seeing is "white" panic mode as the country becomes more beige. I think it's a last hard push to take things back the way they were before because they see the inevitable. They see that they "old money Republicans" are slowly losing control and it scares them.

I'm optimistic that eventually things will be much better and hopefully I'll be around to see if I'm somewhat correct.

It happened in Cupertino on a much smaller scale but the hate and animosity towards Indian and Chinese people was incredible until they slowly took over the political game in the area. Now city council is very diverse and it isn't the old time farming families in control.

Try to stop eating processed stuff.

I bet the pounds fall away.

Cutting back on sodium forces you to eat a lot of "whole" foods like fresh fruits and vegetables. Not the best for my diabetes probably but I eat a lot of fruit these days (when compared to pre-heart failure).

Actually with the weight loss and the better eating my diabetes is under much better control and I'm having to back off the lantus quite a bit. I still take 30 units right now and it's a lot, but that's going down steadily. I used to take 87 units a night. That's out of control.

My plan has been lightening up on lunch, avoiding fried foods, no beer except for a couple on the weekend, no late night eating.

My plan has been lightening up on lunch, avoiding fried foods, no beer except for a couple on the weekend, no late night eating.

I pigged out the last few days and it shows in my blood sugar.

Today I'm back to half a sandwich with a piece of fruit for lunch w/almonds and a couple chunks of Swiss cheese for a snack to bump up the calorie count.

And lots of water.

My little man is at his first dance. He’s mad because I made him wear pants and a shirt. All the other boys I saw were in shorts and tee shirts. Athletic shorts not even “dressy” shorts

Oh geez, Gary.

Top Bottom