::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I was thinking about Golden Crown the other day - I realized that "authentic" ethnic food means something to people for whom that food holds cultural significance - it's a part of their past from the country from which they emigrated or it's the food their immigrant parents/grandparents made at home. But for a privileged white guy like me who has no ethnic cultural food heritage, I enjoy what I enjoy; I can't honestly say if the "authentic" food is better than the Americanized stuff because I have no basis in the ethnic to which I can compare stuff. It's also totally possible I would find the genuine stuff to be revolting because my taste buds can't accommodate to it...

...random musings.

Yes. As long as I'm happy with it that's all that matters at the dinner table.

I can't honestly say if the "authentic" food is better than the Americanized stuff because I have no basis in the ethnic to which I can compare stuff. It's also totally possible I would find the genuine stuff to be revolting because my taste buds can't accommodate to it...

...random musings.
that was the reason American Chinese food was created according to PBS.

I'm happy with that. No idea how my Oregon State is doing, but I never expect anything...I went there during their blackest hours. We learned to chant, if the Beavers scored first, "If the game was over now, we'd win!"

When I was at Wazzu we were typically a one win per season team.

I've been slipping back into some of my old eating habits since I let myself eat more calories.

I need to get back to eating smaller portions and smart calories.

I just baked a batch of chicken tenders with no seasoning other than garlic and I used a little butter. I'll make half sandwiches with those all week and have a piece of fruit with it. If my calories go too low again I'll supplement with almonds and Swiss cheese for snacks. I gained a pound which doesn't seem like much until I teach my culinary class and grab a pound of butter, realizing that while they're both fat, human fat is much less dense and much bigger in volume.

Last edited:
Let's see what an organization post does to the thread.

Just put together 2 of 3 heavy duty metal rolling racks for organizing the garage. Had to quit because my hands and shoulders are doing the arthritis-gripe.

Let's see what an organization post does to the thread.

Just put together 2 of 3 heavy duty metal rolling racks for organizing the garage. Had to quit because my hands and shoulders are doing the arthritis-gripe.

Wish I could be there to help! I like putting stuff together, and have a "thing" for nice garages....

Top Bottom