::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Did a town run this morning. Kroger's had off duty cops standing at the check out (for looters?) Saw numerous nitrile gloves in the parking lot, which pisses me off. Went to Rural King to stock up o chicken food, it seems Rural King customers are too tough to take precautions against a measly virus.

I know I am type O.
Whatever type is the universal donor type. The blood bank likes me because my blood can be used for anyone or something like that.

O negative. My brothers are both O- and get a lot of calls for their blood. I'm O+ - I don't get bothered so much.

Just received email that tomorrow is my last day going in to work for a while.
My office will close tomorrow at 4:30 pm and all on-site work is to be suspended. Only what is deemed "essential" on-site work will be permitted.
We do have some medical clients and state government etc so I imagine if I get called in for that I must, otherwise they said be prepared to work 100% remote for the next six weeks.

Do you have plenty to do online? My job is 100% online stuff - I only worked in the office because I preferred to; most of my coworkers worked from home already. We set things up nicely in the dining room for me so I have a nice little corner and my big ass monitor from the office, so I'm actually doing really well right now.

The text of Mayor Kirk Caldwell's emergency proclamation says utility workers, law enforcement, first responders, and homeless are exempt...

How nice. You are legally authorized to stay homeless.

Happy Birthday, Sally!
AZHYQki.jpg

How's he doing with that? How are you doing meeting his needs/wants?

He’s OK, just pretty clueless. Take time for instance. He’s aware of past, present, and future, but he can’t reckon length of time. When he’s watching a hockey rerun to him it feels live. He knows the days in succession, but can’t work out having to wait a period of days.

Hey coffee aficionados, years back you recommended a Hario slim line grinder as a good grinder for small amounts of coffee. I bought it. I love it. But now that I'm using it every day and not just the weekends I'm getting tired of cranking that thing.

Can you suggest an equally good, 1-2 batch electric grinder? I saw a few "blade" models but I think I remember you telling me to stay away from those.

thanks!

You want a conical burr grinder. It will hold coffee in a hopper - I don't think any burr grinders are just 1-2 batches. Here's one that gets really good reviews under $50:

https://www.amazon.com/KRUPS-Profes...j.F4.eifPpwFg&slotNum=5&tag=coffee-channel-20

Your little Hario is actually a conical burr grinder, too. And keep in mind - you can chuck up an electric drill on it (I have done that for kicks in the past).

Incidentally, my little Hario kicked the bucket about a year ago (after long, yeoman service). I replaced it with a Javapresse grinder that is just as good (and cheaper).

You want a conical burr grinder. It will hold coffee in a hopper - I don't think any burr grinders are just 1-2 batches. Here's one that gets really good reviews under $50:

https://www.amazon.com/KRUPS-Profes...j.F4.eifPpwFg&slotNum=5&tag=coffee-channel-20

Your little Hario is actually a conical burr grinder, too. And keep in mind - you can chuck up an electric drill on it (I have done that for kicks in the past).

Incidentally, my little Hario kicked the bucket about a year ago (after long, yeoman service). I replaced it with a Javapresse grinder that is just as good (and cheaper).

Oh, and when I say they aren't 1-2 batches I just mean they hold more beans than that - but they have timers on them that just grind out the amount you want.

Hey coffee aficionados, years back you recommended a Hario slim line grinder as a good grinder for small amounts of coffee. I bought it. I love it. But now that I'm using it every day and not just the weekends I'm getting tired of cranking that thing.

Can you suggest an equally good, 1-2 batch electric grinder? I saw a few "blade" models but I think I remember you telling me to stay away from those.

thanks!

It also depends what you’re grinding for. For my espresso I had to go pretty high end to get a consistent fine grind and repeatable dose of grounds. I wouldn’t be nearly as picky grinding for drip or french press.

Mrs Pere has decided she wants me to resume making her mochas in the morning. Not wanting to reset my grinder for her decaf, I had it ground at the store. Their “espresso” grind falls somewhere between drip & french press. There’s no way to use it for an espresso shot without re-grinding, which is a burr grinder no-no. Now I’m looking for my blade grinder or a mortar & pestle.

It also depends what you’re grinding for. For my espresso I had to go pretty high end to get a consistent fine grind and repeatable dose of grounds. I wouldn’t be nearly as picky grinding for drip or french press.

Mrs Pere has decided she wants me to resume making her mochas in the morning. Not wanting to reset my grinder for her decaf, I had it ground at the store. Their “espresso” grind falls somewhere between drip & french press. There’s no way to use it for an espresso shot without re-grinding, which is a burr grinder no-no. Now I’m looking for my blade grinder or a mortar & pestle.

As a coffee snob I'm morally obligated to turn my nose up at anything but a burr grinder. Most of the inexpensive ones will do a great job for a regular drip. My Capresso Infinity actually does an amazing job for espresso for my Nanopresso.

How much time is she spending out there? Sheryl has done our shopping, but goes with a list that means repeat trips will be kept at a minimum. Buying what we can over the internet these days - 25 pounds of flour arrived on Saturday...

She's stressed since she works at the school district office. She's inundated with dumb teachers who are just now using computer technology for grades, contacting students, Zoom, Google (classroom, chat, hangouts etc.). They're emailing/zooming for instructions, passwords and panic reassurance.

She's only gone out twice now. I told her to just go for a drive if she needs to get away from her screen.

I might go with the drill.

Usually I only use this on eat weekends so it isn't too bad. Using it every day it's kind of a pain. thanks for the advice. It's appreciated!

Top Bottom