::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Luckily, I have very good health insurance. Some of the itemized statements are beginning to come in.

One of the IV drugs I am given when I get chemo treatments is called Retuxan. I have had it four times, now. It comes in an IV bag that appears to be smaller than a liter.

Each time I get, my insurance gets charged $45,970. Each time. I don't think my insurance end a up paying that much, but thankfully I don't have to pay anything. And this is just one drug out of the dozens I've been given. Then factor in all the MRIs, CT scans, X-rays, PET scans, 18 days of hospitalization, and everything else, and the costs must be astronomical. Health insurance rocks....

Luckily, I have very good health insurance. Some of the itemized statements are beginning to come in.

One of the IV drugs I am given when I get chemo treatments is called Retuxan. I have had it four times, now. It comes in an IV bag that appears to be smaller than a liter.

Each time I get, my insurance gets charged $45,970. Each time. I don't think my insurance ends up paying that much, but thankfully I don't have to pay anything. And this is just one drug out of the dozens I've been given. Then factor in all the MRIs, CT scans, X-rays, PET scans, 18 days of hospitalization, and everything else, and the costs must be astronomical. Health insurance rocks....

Each time I get, my insurance gets charged $45,970. Each time. I don't think my insurance ends up paying that much, but thankfully I don't have to pay anything. And this is just one drug out of the dozens I've been given. Then factor in all the MRIs, CT scans, X-rays, PET scans, 18 days of hospitalization, and everything else, and the costs must be astronomical. Health insurance rocks....

Hey Don, I finally got a few "G's" so I could get back online. Each time I'm able to catch up on the UU, I look for your updates and always hope for good news. Am glad to see that there is good news and that your insurance is taking care of you. One less thing to have to worry about. Sending best wishes and as they say much PoHo MoJo.

Latest word from my oncologist is that all my statistics from all the testing look very good, and all the different numbers are headed in the right directions. This is great news!

I had a biopsy of the tumor yesterday, but it's too early for results from that, yet.

I'm feeling pretty good, but I'm tired and have little energy. It'll come back, slowly.

I get around fairly well in the hotel room, as there's lots of stuff to hang on to. If I venture out any farther, I have to use a walker; one of those four wheel jobs with a seat built in. That offers stability while walking, and a place to sit if I need it, no matter where I am..

This is the post I want doubled. Yay Don. Yay Elaine. Yay docs.

I didn't even notice the double post!

Early in my journey I did two rounds of chemo, which failed. As a part of that process all of my hair and my beard fell out, which was not unexpected.

Then there was a period of time when I was waiting to be accepted into the clinical trial, and for my t-cell replacement. During that time my hair and beard began to grow back. It even got to the point of needing a little trimming.

Just before t-cell replacement, I had mega chemo, to prepare. I got my t-cells, and things are going well. But, we noticed the other day that my hair and beard are falling out again, which I hadn't anticipated.

Oh, well. It'll grow back again. It just kind of took me by surprise....

I didn't even notice the double post!

Early in my journey I did two rounds of chemo, which failed. As a part of that process all of my hair and my beard fell out, which was not unexpected.

Then there was a period of time when I was waiting to be accepted into the clinical trial, and for my t-cell replacement. During that time my hair and beard began to grow back. It even got to the point of needing a little trimming.

Just before t-cell replacement, I had mega chemo, to prepare. I got my t-cells, and things are going well. But, we noticed the other day that my hair and beard are falling out again, which I hadn't anticipated.

Oh, well. It'll grow back again. It just kind of took me by surprise....

And yay hair! I guess.

Still not sold on them saying it's gluten free...it was made in a facility with gluten and in fermentors with gluten items and I am sure we didn't scrub all traces of gluten from kettle before we boiled it....

Isn’t “seltzer” pretty much Zima with more flavors?!

Each time I get, my insurance gets charged $45,970. Each time. I don't think my insurance end a up paying that much, but thankfully I don't have to pay anything. And this is just one drug out of the dozens I've been given. Then factor in all the MRIs, CT scans, X-rays, PET scans, 18 days of hospitalization, and everything else, and the costs must be astronomical. Health insurance rocks....

And pharmaceutical companies suck! Greed.

it looks like a zima too

zima was made with malt though so not gluten free....we actually used just plain sugar and some champagne yeast. I actually said hey lets add nutrients to keep it going and not stall like other breweries said they had happen. Ours had no stoppage and I got it from 1.038 to 1.000

zima was made with malt though so not gluten free....we actually used just plain sugar and some champagne yeast. I actually said hey lets add nutrients to keep it going and not stall like other breweries said they had happen. Ours had no stoppage and I got it from 1.038 to 1.000

zero sugar left.....although it tastes sugary its because we fermented higher and added some passionfruit extract after

Latest word from my oncologist is that all my statistics from all the testing look very good, and all the different numbers are headed in the right directions. This is great news!

I had a biopsy of the tumor yesterday, but it's too early for results from that, yet.

I'm feeling pretty good, but I'm tired and have little energy. It'll come back, slowly.

I get around fairly well in the hotel room, as there's lots of stuff to hang on to. If I venture out any farther, I have to use a walker; one of those four wheel jobs with a seat built in. That offers stability while walking, and a place to sit if I need it, no matter where I am..

This sounds like great progress!
Keep fighting the good fight Don!

Get well, Don. I've been away so long that I had no idea you was sick. I am sorry about that. I will be praying for you.

Can't sleep. Sigh....

I can't sleep either. I have issues with trigeminal neuralgia. I will spare you the details of it all...but I thought the issue was under control. But I had a twinge of it earlier. Now I'm too scared to relax and sleep.

Top Bottom