::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Your butt might. There’s a value in comfort.

I agree with this statement, but in this case SOMETHING is better than NOTHING.
Update: Arriving tomorrow. I hope.
Still not a dire situation though. It was just peace of mind.

I had a nice conversation with my friend in Paris last night. Zee French eez flowing nicely!

I agree with this statement, but in this case SOMETHING is better than NOTHING.
Update: Arriving tomorrow. I hope.
Still not a dire situation though. It was just peace of mind.

ti leaves

They're used for everything else!

tonights meal was:

Grilled chicken wings (season salt; lemon pepper)
Yaki 0nigiri
Canned corn
Grilled asparagus

James has a cooking class and his assignment was to cook a meal. EasyPeasy.

I worked in my garage most of the day. I had a used storm door I installed on the entrance door there. I had to modify almost every part of it to make it work. It kept me out of trouble for a few hours.

Then about noon UPS delivered a five drawer dresser that came flat in a box. Every piece of that had to be assembled. Probably another two hours for that job.

Then about noon UPS delivered a five drawer dresser that came flat in a box. Every piece of that had to be assembled. Probably another two hours for that job.

Running classrooms virtually is more work than being there in person. Maybe it's just different , , , but I am busier right not than I have been all year.

Running classrooms virtually is more work than being there in person. Maybe it's just different , , , but I am busier right not than I have been all year.

Thanks for being there for your kids. Our young are afraid and yes they have their families but teachers are playing a very critical roll in helping the young to feel some normalcy in their life.

Staying busy is a good thing.

All three of us are on different schedules for school.

Mika is having to act like tech support so she's on her computer/phone all day long. Teachers are even calling her directly late at nigh. We finally got in the habit of just turning her phone off at 9:00pm

James has classes from 9:15 to 2:30. His district is treating this like independent studies and his teachers are just DUMPING busy work on them. It's graded by completion and only Pass/Fail. If your grade was bad before the school closure you pretty much have no way to make it better. That blows!

I'm online from 9:00am to 2:30pm every day except Fri. I have a break for lunch and then from 11:00am to Noon is considered my "office hours" where students can drop in to Zoom and get help. A bunch of kids just drop in to hang out and chat with others. We were asked to cut down our assignments and grade a little more leniently. I understood cutting down the scope of assignments but I didn't understand why they wanted us to ease our standards on grading. In talking with other teachers it's probably because we're a pretty high achieving school and a good part of that is driven by the school culture. Now we have no school culture and the kids are a lot more independent. On Friday we have a morning staff meeting and in the afternoon a department meeting. Sometimes, outside of those hours we have additional staff meetings. Pretty busy considering we're "shut down."

Thanks for being there for your kids. Our young are afraid and yes they have their families but teachers are playing a very critical roll in helping the young to feel some normalcy in their life.

Staying busy is a good thing.

Yesterday in my culinary class, I only needed them there for about 30 minutes to go over the new procedures and expectations and to explain a simple assignment. Out of 28 kids, 17 of them just wanted to hang out and chat. I kept the room open another hour for them.

They miss the contact even though when they're physically together they pretty much converse on their devices.

Jon, I went the drill route with my coffee grinder.

I try to keep the rpm's low because I'm guessing a hand crank wasn't designed to spin fast. It's a little tricky because the only drill I have is 20v but 4amps. Super torquey and spins really fast if you're not careful. Mika won't use it. I wish I had an electric screw driver.

Yesterday in my culinary class, I only needed them there for about 30 minutes to go over the new procedures and expectations and to explain a simple assignment. Out of 28 kids, 17 of them just wanted to hang out and chat. I kept the room open another hour for them.

They miss the contact even though when they're physically together they pretty much converse on their devices.

For culinary class.

Top Bottom