::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Helping a friend move today and tomorrow. Today is prep and cleaning. Tomorrow we move boxes and furniture over. Sounds like she doesn’t have a lot of stuff and most of her furniture folds up. Shouldn’t be too hard.

Bry has been rather down this weekend. She had a wrestling tournament Friday in a town 2+ hours away and came home pretty late. I thought at first she was just tired, but something seemed off. Usually if I ask her directly, she says she’s “fine” or shrugs, then she disengages. So I didn’t ask. We went out to dinner in the evening. I carried on a mostly one-sided conversation with her on the way to restaurant. Not being the most talkative person myself, it felt a bit awkward. That’s life with teens, I guess. Finally during dinner, there was a natural segue to ask if she had plans for the weekend. She said she didn’t because she couldn’t stand being around her friends at the moment. Reason being she finds she feels bad about herself when hanging out with them and they mostly want to do drugs and want her to try it with them. I’m so relieved she shared. She’s a social creature who needs to be with her people, so it took a lot of emotional maturity and strength to step away from them like that.

In my defense. My heart pumps half of what yours does.

(Which is just an excuse;
I am supposed to walk for exercise)
you know I was just kidding and taking advantage of the situation since I just returned from a hike.

Soo, I’m so glad you are there for Bry. And I’m happy she can share with you instead of just caving into her friends pressure. You’re a good Mom.

Crazy happenings near Diamond Head today. A 70 year old man was being evicted from his home, he ended up stabbing his landlord. When she called the police, he ended up shooting and killing two cops. Then SWAT came, and he set his house on fire, and at least four homes burned down. They believe he perished in the fire. Details are still emerging.

Crazy happenings near Diamond Head today. A 70 year old man was being evicted from his home, he ended up stabbing his landlord. When she called the police, he ended up shooting and killing two cops. Then SWAT came, and he set his house on fire, and at least four homes burned down. They believe he perished in the fire. Details are still emerging.

Wow! What a crazy way to go out.

Brewed a gluten free NEIPA today. I hopped with sabro, galaxy and Amarillo. Hope it is good. I think that buckwheat is what is giving my beers the gluten free taste.

Bry has been rather down this weekend. She had a wrestling tournament Friday in a town 2+ hours away and came home pretty late. I thought at first she was just tired, but something seemed off. Usually if I ask her directly, she says she’s “fine” or shrugs, then she disengages. So I didn’t ask. We went out to dinner in the evening. I carried on a mostly one-sided conversation with her on the way to restaurant. Not being the most talkative person myself, it felt a bit awkward. That’s life with teens, I guess. Finally during dinner, there was a natural segue to ask if she had plans for the weekend. She said she didn’t because she couldn’t stand being around her friends at the moment. Reason being she finds she feels bad about herself when hanging out with them and they mostly want to do drugs and want her to try it with them. I’m so relieved she shared. She’s a social creature who needs to be with her people, so it took a lot of emotional maturity and strength to step away from them like that.

Way to go, Bry! Sounds like she's making good (not easy, but good) decisions. Smart young lady!!

The last I heard they didn't know where he was.

A very light, lake effect, snow going on right now. Below freezing yesterday and today. It's supposed to start warming up a bit tomorrow.

The furnace at Lynn's has been acting up for a while. It looks like it's time for a new unit. It's the original in there. It is little over 50 years old.

At our house, new gas range coming on my birthday.
The last time we did laundry the cold water in the washer wouldn't shut off completely. Luckily the next load it fixed it's self. How long?
Then that evening the TV had trouble receiving NBC and later straightened up. It's always sumtin.

Top Bottom