::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Feels like everyone around me is dealing with mortality stuff. It's becoming a little overwhelming.

Feels like everyone around me is dealing with mortality stuff. It's becoming a little overwhelming.

Remember it is part of life. But only one part. There is much more going on in this existence. Stop make a turn and take a walk on another path for a while.

Nope.

Just Tylenol. I take so many drugs right now I figure I'll deal with the pain and give my liver a little bit of a break. It's not that bad as long as I can whine about it here I guess.

Heavy antibiotics for three days. And I have two new heart medicines.

Glad to hear you're doing well! Go right ahead and whine if it helps. Your friends will understand.

I just replaced the door latch on the door going out to our garage. Not the door knob, but the latch on the edge of the door.

It cost me $10, which isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

The part that bugs me is that the house is only two years old. Is it even possible to buy quality goods in this country anymore? Everything just seems to be....inferior, today....:mad:

I just replaced the door latch on the door going out to our garage. Not the door knob, but the latch on the edge of the door.

The part that bugs me is that the house is only two years old. Is it even possible to buy quality goods in this country anymore? Everything just seems to be....inferior, today....:mad:

Depends on the brand. I replaced one earlier this year after 18 years of use. Ours was Schlage.

Kwikset locks on the new house. I don't trust them. We sold them when I was working for the door company before seminary. Cheap crap then. Don't expect long service from them now.

Depends on the brand. I replaced one earlier this year after 18 years of use. Ours was Schlage.

Kwikset locks on the new house. I don't trust them. We sold them when I was working for the door company before seminary. Cheap crap then. Don't expect long service from them now.

Mine are Schlage....

No. Everything is crap now. Our insanely expensive professional range has had to e serviced three times (out of warranty) for dead burners and bad valves. Now the broiler burner is out (again). The ice maker in the fridge (inside the fridge - not even through the door) has failed twice. Our microwave crapped out. Our second fridge in the laundry room gave out - all in the five years since the house was built. We research brand reliability - it just doesn't seem to matter any more.

Hey Padre - I have been wanting to do the Camino for the last 10 years or so (ever since my a-hole ex-best-friend and his dad did it back then). Your stories of your journey have been inspirational for me. I'm way over weight and need to take care of that first, but with the Camino as a goal...I think that might be the motivation I need.

How long were you on the road total? What route did you follow? How did you prepare at home? What should a prospective pilgrim know...?

Hey Padre - I have been wanting to do the Camino for the last 10 years or so (ever since my a-hole ex-best-friend and his dad did it back then). Your stories of your journey have been inspirational for me. I'm way over weight and need to take care of that first, but with the Camino as a goal...I think that might be the motivation I need.

How long were you on the road total? What route did you follow? How did you prepare at home? What should a prospective pilgrim know...?

I'll send you a PM. Don't want to clog the thread.

Aloha Hos!
Been a nice couple of days.
Work was not too busy (for a change) and last night we went to a local bar at a golf course nearby and listened to some excellent Hawaiian music.
Our down-the-street neighbors walked in, so that was fun hanging out with them.
Then today had just a little work from home then we went to the grocery store and then hit the beach.
It was lovely.
Just showered and I think we are going to Canoe Hut to eat and visit and sing a few songs.
Tomorrow we are going to the North Shore to visit family friends.

Life is good!

Aloha Hos!
Been a nice couple of days.
Work was not too busy (for a change) and last night we went to a local bar at a golf course nearby and listened to some excellent Hawaiian music.
Our down-the-street neighbors walked in, so that was fun hanging out with them.
Then today had just a little work from home then we went to the grocery store and then hit the beach.
It was lovely.
Just showered and I think we are going to Canoe Hut to eat and visit and sing a few songs.
Tomorrow we are going to the North Shore to visit family friends.

Life is good!

Is Coral Creek by your house? Or was it the fancy country club?

This is exciting!

Is Coral Creek by your house? Or was it the fancy country club?

Yes Coral Creek is by my house, but Ewa Village is even closer. There are several courses near my house. We want to The Ville at Park Row and saw 'Uhe'uhene, the bass player is Heather Kalua (Uncle Bernard's daughter) and Lina Robbins-Tamure is the lead singer and ukulele, Jordan Asing is on guitar. They are really good. We are also friends with them.

Top Bottom