::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

The house across from ours went up for sale and we took a look at it before it even hit the market and put an offer in. We have made it into an AirBnb and yes, I live in the middle of nowhere in some ways, but this house literally shares a border with the blue ridge parkway. Anyway....

At first I was worried people would not book, but now we are picking up steam and it is being booked like... every weekend. If we have a free weekend people end up booking it last minute.

Anyway, I know it will be slower in the winter, but that is ok. I am just really excited how well it is going so far. I am pleasantly surprised! Our goal was just to use all income to pay it off. Sort of a retirement plan... since I have no retirement what-so-ever... the joy of being self employed and generally struggling at first... still a little but not as much.

Ok... anyway, a bit rambly post, but I wanted to talk about it, cause it makes me super happy.

It is the quirkiest old house, but it is cute and it has become my husband's hobby, so it is kind of cool for him to have that outlet.

Here it is if you wanna see it: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/368339..._id=p3_1566228237_L6XYYIsRdj5YYnkf&s=TMGd80ed

Morning! Feeling blah. I’ll probably skip the get together at Sean’s boss’s house tonight.

I would love to have a get together at my boss's house. And then skip it. And then go to Sally's house for a visit instead. (My boss lives in Rancho Cucamonga.)

Home and in my own little bed. Overnight trip to Willcox, AZ so Mrs Pere could buy peaches. She’s had terrible luck with peaches this year. We took Mrs Pere’s mother with us. Lots of roots-tripping. They used to farm near there. She has a load of grief to deal with: spouse in memory care, she put her little dog down this week, and she’s slipping herself and knows it.

That's sad. I'm glad she was able to get out, despite the trouble.

We've had a great peach year. Our living room is full of them right now. Sheryl has purchased about 160 pounds so far - canning season is in full swing. Fresh peaches are my favorite fruit, and I've been gorging on them while they're here. The season is way too short and the fruit just doesn't last. (We also picked about 100 pounds of pears and 150 pounds of apples. We didn't pick the peaches - we hate picking peaches, but apples and pears are fun.)

When we bought I remember that we actually paid the guy back taxes he paid since he paid them already and wasn't gonna be living there. I think that all gets sorted in the sale of the house.

Yup, that's how we do it here, too.

Actually not entirely true.

Four years ago I was in excruciating pain with pancreatitis.
Three years ago I was heavily sedated after shoulder surgery.
Two years ago I was back in pain with kidney stones.
And last year I had my defibrillator implanted. Also no fun.

This will be your best school year in ages! Enjoy!

So my repairs are still in limbo.....back in February they said I could be possibly celiac after a blood test and wanted to do endoscopy....well things were crazy and I knew both the wife and I would need a personal day so figured to wait till summer. Called them and they say they have no record of that....even though they sent me a certified mail saying I did not follow up and they were telling my Dr.....clearly my Dr didn't care since he never called me or nothing. So stupid they are.

So what now? Celiac is not fun - especially for a guy who loves his beer. A friend of mine is a big home brewer who was diagnosed with celiac. He had some serious sadness for a bit until he decided to tackle gluten free home brewing. He's leading a GF brewing club now and has won awards for his brews - even when up against non-GF beers. A local GF brewery took his award-winning recipe and did a run of it to sell at their pub.

I usually play "C'mon Get Happy" but I think I'll switch it up to Manoa Company "A Little Aloha"

Emma's 6th grade teacher started every day with Daydream Believer by the Monkees. We love that song - it's on my playlist. Every time she hears it she gets a big smile and belts out the song. Her 6th grade teacher was the best.

The house across from ours went up for sale and we took a look at it before it even hit the market and put an offer in. We have made it into an AirBnb and yes, I live in the middle of nowhere in some ways, but this house literally shares a border with the blue ridge parkway. Anyway....

At first I was worried people would not book, but now we are picking up steam and it is being booked like... every weekend. If we have a free weekend people end up booking it last minute.

Anyway, I know it will be slower in the winter, but that is ok. I am just really excited how well it is going so far. I am pleasantly surprised! Our goal was just to use all income to pay it off. Sort of a retirement plan... since I have no retirement what-so-ever... the joy of being self employed and generally struggling at first... still a little but not as much.

Ok... anyway, a bit rambly post, but I wanted to talk about it, cause it makes me super happy.

It is the quirkiest old house, but it is cute and it has become my husband's hobby, so it is kind of cool for him to have that outlet.

Here it is if you wanna see it: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/368339..._id=p3_1566228237_L6XYYIsRdj5YYnkf&s=TMGd80ed

That's so cool! Was that your big announcement or is there something else coming?

Top Bottom