::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Oh hell no.

I've worn my hair the same way since I was 15. Short with a soft part on the left. Before that I combed it straight - my hair went from straight to wavy when I turned about 14 and combing it straight just didn't work any more.

Aloha Kakahiaka PoHos!
Riding TheBus into town.
Had a nice visit to North Shore yesterday.
We went to the beach then I grilled a tri-tip at BIL's place.
SIL has her sister visiting from New Jersey along with her husband. They are island hopping a bit SIL wanted us to meet them while they were here on Oahu.
It was a great meal - I made tri-tip, BIL grilled fish and zucchini and oysters, Dave from Jersey made chicken pasta, and Nanilei made a wonderful salad, and chocolate cupcakes for dessert.

I said, "Hey we really need to do this more often!"
And we all agreed, and then Dave said, "sure, the first few will be ok, but after about the seventh week I think the airfare will get prohibitive!"

Hahahaha he is a funny guy, talks like Andrew Dice Clay. He is a retired cop.

There are two "big" Asian basketball teams in this area and they both happen to be the better teams in NorCal.

Ninja's (I played with them mid-late 80's)
Zebra's (been around since 1930; more history and prestige)

In one of my classes I have three girls that I recognized from Asian ball (2 Ninja; 1 Zebraette). At the end of class (first day) I asked if anyone had any questions for me.

Ninja Girl: Why would you let your son play for the Zebras when he could have been a Ninja?

Me: Because he's good!

Zebra Girl: ::bursts out laughing:: GOOD ANSWER MR. YOSHIDA!!!

The girls friendship goes way back and the two Ninja girls give the Zebra girl a bad time.

That's so cool! Was that your big announcement or is there something else coming?

Who knows... big announcement changes on the daily... might not happen. May happen...

... and that is all I can say right now. Haha.

Since we know a few people on the North Shore, we often drop in and say "Hi" to each household as we go by.
We stopped by this kid's place, as he lived near where we were going to the beach, to park some stuff in his fridge while we sat on the beach.
I noticed a Martin soprano soft case on the shelf, and he said his mom won that at some work thing.
I pulled it out and it was a lovely Martin soprano made in Mexico, made of bamboo.
It played really nice!
I jammed a couple of tunes on it, no one in their house plays at all...

That's sad. I'm glad she was able to get out, despite the trouble.

We've had a great peach year. Our living room is full of them right now. Sheryl has purchased about 160 pounds so far - canning season is in full swing. Fresh peaches are my favorite fruit, and I've been gorging on them while they're here. The season is way too short and the fruit just doesn't last. (We also picked about 100 pounds of pears and 150 pounds of apples. We didn't pick the peaches - we hate picking peaches, but apples and pears are fun.)

I bet your house smells amazing.

So what now? Celiac is not fun - especially for a guy who loves his beer. A friend of mine is a big home brewer who was diagnosed with celiac. He had some serious sadness for a bit until he decided to tackle gluten free home brewing. He's leading a GF brewing club now and has won awards for his brews - even when up against non-GF beers. A local GF brewery took his award-winning recipe and did a run of it to sell at their pub.

Who knows. I'm not sure it's true.

Finally got this done today, just in time for our anniversary tomorrow. It has been with us since just a few months after we married. Cost over a million lira back in the day when lira were about 1400 to the dollar. We've had it in 5 houses now. It has two "Jesus nuts" that hold its many parts in place. We finally found the "Jesus nuts" on Thursday afternoon. So I spent the day up and down the ladder. A glass leaf was broken in the move. We have to have that duplicated in Italy.

IMG_2466.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom