::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

My culinary classes seem much better than last year. I think a lot of it was that I wasn’t there for the first few weeks last year.

That’s good to hear. Also you’re feeling better this year, that’s gotta help. You may appear less like a mark.

My guess? Another adoption!

So much is up in the air and it isnt something looked for. But it ranges from 50/50 to 30/70 to 10/90 to 80/20... depending on the day and situation of those involved.
I am on the periphery of the whole thing.

Since we know a few people on the North Shore, we often drop in and say "Hi" to each household as we go by.
We stopped by this kid's place, as he lived near where we were going to the beach, to park some stuff in his fridge while we sat on the beach.
I noticed a Martin soprano soft case on the shelf, and he said his mom won that at some work thing.
I pulled it out and it was a lovely Martin soprano made in Mexico, made of bamboo.
It played really nice!
I jammed a couple of tunes on it, no one in their house plays at all...

I am frustrated because Martin seems to be phasing out bamboo and the basic models. I am hoping something will come along to replace them.

I bet your house smells amazing.

It's phenomenal. I walked into the house the first day the peaches had been laid out and I almost swooned. I have a love/hate relationship with canning season. The house smells amazing and the finished product is so much better than store bought...but the kitchen is basically out of commission for anything but canning for the duration. We have a six burner oversized stove and yesterday Sheryl commented, "sometimes I wish we had more than six burners..."

Finally got this done today, just in time for our anniversary tomorrow. It has been with us since just a few months after we married. Cost over a million lira back in the day when lira were about 1400 to the dollar. We've had it in 5 houses now. It has two "Jesus nuts" that hold its many parts in place. We finally found the "Jesus nuts" on Thursday afternoon. So I spent the day up and down the ladder. A glass leaf was broken in the move. We have to have that duplicated in Italy.

View attachment 120633

The Jesus nuts must be the thing that hold it straight out from the wall like that.

Top Bottom