::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I busted out my 49ers jacket for Super Bowl week.

My good luck tickets are still there from the 1984 and 1989 NFC title games.

I busted out my 49ers jacket for Super Bowl week.

My good luck tickets are still there from the 1984 and 1989 NFC title games.

Mika thought my jacket was too small for me but it's actually just short.

Remember mullets and Z-Cavariccis? My jacket is from 1984 :)

Mika thought my jacket was too small for me but it's actually just short.

Remember mullets and Z-Cavariccis? My jacket is from 1984 :)

There's a gentleman in our choir who still sports a glorious mullet.

I got my trusty old Kala out today (my first uke!), to loan to a friend to use tomorrow.

I had stored it de-tuned, and brought it back up to pitch and tuned it. Although the strings were not changed, they are behaving like new strings, and stretching like crazy. I have been repeatedly tuning it all afternoon, and things seem to be improving.

The funny part is that the friend said they'd be by to pick it up between 2 and 3, and I have yet to see them. I hope this hasn't been a wasted effort. I'd hate to have to just de-tune it again to put it back away....

I got my trusty old Kala out today (my first uke!), to loan to a friend to use tomorrow.

I had stored it de-tuned, and brought it back up to pitch and tuned it. Although the strings were not changed, they are behaving like new strings, and stretching like crazy. I have been repeatedly tuning it all afternoon, and things seem to be improving.

The funny part is that the friend said they'd be by to pick it up between 2 and 3, and I have yet to see them. I hope this hasn't been a wasted effort. I'd hate to have to just de-tune it again to put it back away....

The uke got picked up.

At 6:15....

Hmmm, maybe I need to slack the ukuleles I don't play as often?
I really only play my CR and my Pono.
The others are all just sitting in their cases.

Hmmm, maybe I need to slack the ukuleles I don't play as often?
I really only play my CR and my Pono.
The others are all just sitting in their cases.

I started doing it after my soprano popped its bridge in the case. I seldom play it, and it was just sitting there, under full string tension....

I started doing it after my soprano popped its bridge in the case. I seldom play it, and it was just sitting there, under full string tension....

Then I made the mistake of letting a friend "repair" the bridge. He ruined the uke, IMHO. He reglued the bridge, and then drove a drywall screw (?!) through it and the soundboard, into a piece of wood below.

There's what you want. The Phillips point head of a drywall screw in your solid ebony bridge. My fault for letting him talk me into having him fix it, I guess....:(

Then I made the mistake of letting a friend "repair" the bridge. He ruined the uke, IMHO. He reglued the bridge, and then drove a drywall screw (?!) through it and the soundboard, into a piece of wood below.

There's what you want. The Phillips point head of a drywall screw in your solid ebony bridge. My fault for letting him talk me into having him fix it, I guess....:(

I would guess it has less volume, zero sustain.

Aloha Kakahiaka PoHos!
Currently sitting at TheBus stop pre-dawn to catch Route 42 to HNL.
Lana'i today.

Top Bottom