::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Last night I dreamt that our cats had peed all over the house. I woke to find it was true.

Sounds like maybe they are stressed? We are down to three so “incidents” are less these days. So many things can be a trigger. Figuring them out can be a real challenge.

I’m so sad. The other teacher and I went out on our own to create a lot of our own content, because a lot of the suggested materials were outdated. Kids were bored and not wanting to come. She and I worked hard to create something kids were actually engaged in and kids have been wanting to come now. This year we’ve tripled the number of kids who come on a weekly basis. I don’t want to let those kids down. It breaks my heart that I’m even considering it. Working with kids is not my life’s passion like my fellow volunteer who is an elementary teacher by trade. I do it to give back to those in the community who helped lift me up in my time of greatest need as a struggling parent. Most of those people have moved on. I have a few people in the community I consider friends, but I’m not super engaged with the rest of the community anymore. It doesn’t fill my spiritual cup since it became politically focused. It’s always been a left leaning place which used to be refreshing to be around like minded people. One could join committees where people could work for social causes. Services were centered around spiritual pratices. Social justice committees were where one could put their beliefs in practice. Now services feel like political rallies. There’s always plenty of those around the Portland metro area I can go to if I so choose.

Last edited:
Yeah, recently one of the top execs at Google was cautioning people in general:
"Google is not a truth engine," he said.
It is important to remember Google just serves up content that matches the terms someone is searching for.
It makes no claim nor has any responsibility that the content it points you to is itself accurate.

Aww Spots. I thought it was a good rant.

I missed it, darn it....

The last words of Sam the Eagle.

In the spirit of Sam being Sam, the moderators used to let some of his rants slide because it was understood to be in good fun. And the forum members would get back at him - such as posting photos of him dressed up like Carmen Miranda.

He felt that his last post crossed a line into being real life political and not tongue in cheek - even if it was accurate.

I'm awake for a little bit. Bladder said, it's time. I said, it's a bit early?
At least another hour of sleep would be nice. We'll see.

Today marks the observance of Veterans Day. "Thank you for your service!", to all our PoHo veterans, and to vets everywhere....

A very happy and healthy Veterans day to all!

I was in Walmart, the other day, and a young fellow came up to me and told me that they were giving free haircuts to veterans that day. It's a good possibility it looked as though I needed one.

I told him that I was good, but did not correct him. I suppose I looked like a veteran to him.

I will not accept a benefit, like that, that I did not earn. To me it would be very disrespectful to those that did served. Many paid the ultimate price for us to continue our lives here.

Top Bottom