::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Lovely weather today, well, for us. Into the week we are going back into winter mode. It's kinda up and down this time of the year.

Our grand daughter is in NOLA for the party. She never seems to stand still for very long. Oh, to be in your twenties again.

Today was a total disaster.
On the way to U-Haul to pick up the truck, a call came in on my phone, Restricted #, so I ignored it.
Got to U-Haul, turns out it was them calling. It was an hour after my reservation time, and they were calling to see if I still needed the truck.
So when we arrived, they had NO trucks.
So I just basically took Nanilei to breakfast and we just did some cleaning at the old house.
Reserved truck for tomorrow.
We'll try again.
Grrrr...

I ignore any number I don’t recognize as well. My thinking is if they want to reach me and it isn’t a sales pitch they’ll leave a voicemail which I’ll check right away.

Bummer. Hope all goes as planned today.

Last night James rec league team scrimmaged a very good 8th grade team. They were a little intimidated by the physicality, quickness and jumping ability at first and lost the first quarter by 8. But then they won the second quarter by 4, tied the third and then lost the 4th by about 6. They played one extra period and lost by a bucket.

The 8th grade parents were pretty impressed and a couple of them were talking about seeing the boys play today. We’re playing the only other undefeated team. Should be a good game. They beat us in a preseason tournament by one. The 1st quarter of that game their team hit 7 three pointers and we were down 15 right away. That’s a crazy amount of 3’s for kids this age. We came back to take a 2 pt lead with 8 seconds left and one of their kids made about a 35 footer to beat us.

So exciting. Hope our kids take care of business today and the game is boring :D

I was a little disappointed in James’ play. He played scared/intimidated and it showed. He did okay but hesitated where he normally wouldn’t have with passes and shots.

I told him ‘he’s a much better player than he knows and he should always play with confidence in his abilities. Doubting your abilities leads to mistakes and missed opportunities on the court.”

He’s so easy going, I wish he had more aggression/cockiness on the court but basketball is just a game and I know I’m lucky to have a kid with so much empathy and compassion for others.

I was super competitive in sports and it served me well in other parts of my life.

I’m hoping he develops a little bit of that.

I was super competitive in sports and it served me well in other parts of my life.

I’m hoping he develops a little bit of that.

In the back of my mind there is always a quote from Chris Rock going through my head when it comes to James.

"I'd rather have the nerdiest kid in school, than the coolest kid in prison."

Back from the desert. It was gorgeous (just cold at night) and so great to get away. Did lots of hiking and reading. It was awesome.

We now have everything out of the former domicile.
Now just need to get rid of the stuff in storage before that bill comes due.

The wind switched and now we are headed back into winter again. It's all the ground hog's fault.

We now have everything out of the former domicile.
Now just need to get rid of the stuff in storage before that bill comes due.

Ugh! I hate moving.

My oldest is currently couch surfing due to unfortunate events regarding a room mate. She’s shopping for a studio or one bedroom. But in so cal that means having at least 3 grand if not more in your pocket and good credit. Sucks.

Sounds like a crazy busy time for the mailman. I bet you’re going to have a blast seeing your grand daughter on stage Don.

Today’s kind of a hash day. Lots of little stuff to do. By the end of the day I’ll either not have accomplished much, or gotten stuff done with nothing much to show for it.

Tomorrow I take my eyes and my skin to their respective doctors. (Well I guess we all go together to all the appointments.)

May no new thing occur.

Top Bottom