::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I spent four hours with my friend in his workshop today. While we have made progress, we are still encountering obstacles, too. I never thought this project would be this problematic, and I feel bad about using up so much of his free time.

We are down to the set-up for the final two cuts on each top. They are angled cuts, creating parallel planes. The angles must also be at precise angles to previous cuts, or the whole thing will be "off".

It has been frustrating, but interesting and challenging, too. I'm hoping we'll figure out this last bit of it next time. Then it will be on to sanding and finishing....

When I was a drafter I used to design and do shop drawings for angled window walls. I'd calculate all that stuff in advance for the shop. I'd taught myself trigonometry to be able to do it. I wouldn't be able to do it anymore.

When I was a drafter I used to design and do shop drawings for angled window walls. I'd calculate all that stuff in advance for the shop. I'd taught myself trigonometry to be able to do it. I wouldn't be able to do it anymore.

Picture a cube, equal sided. Now tip it over to the right 30 degrees. Now, tip it to the back 30 degrees.

Now, make it out of wood.

Sounds easy, doesn't it? I thought so, too, until I tried it....

Picture a cube, equal sided. Now tip it over to the right 30 degrees. Now, tip it to the back 30 degrees.

Now, make it out of wood.

Sounds easy, doesn't it? I thought so, too, until I tried it....

The three sets of parallel sides remain parallel, but, instead of being squares, they become diamond shaped. All of the angles in the cube were 90 degrees, but now they are either 60 degrees or 120 degrees.

It's much easier to explain it, rather than DO it....

Which reminds me of a great t-shirt I saw the other day. It said....

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

So true, so true....

The three sets of parallel sides remain parallel, but, instead of being squares, they become diamond shaped. All of the angles in the cube were 90 degrees, but now they are either 60 degrees or 120 degrees.

Won't say it's easy, but I used to be able to do it. Are you butting the joints or mitering them together?

And, I can't even explain it right! If the object only got tipped on two axis, one pair of opposite sides would still be squares. All sides need to be diamond shaped, so it needs to be tipped 30 degrees on each of its three axis....

And, I can't even explain it right! If the object only got tipped on two axis, one pair of opposite sides would still be squares. All sides need to be diamond shaped, so it needs to be tipped 30 degrees on each of its three axis....

So progress pics?

Still sick but the doctor loaded me up with antibiotics and lectured me for not coming in as soon as I got sick.

apparently a weak heart means a weak immune system (compromised system?)

Anyhow, my blood pressure was stupid low too so they're backing off of that. I'm going to check with the cardiologist first to make sure. Don't have the highest confidence in my gp any more.

I bet he told you to eat too.

Mrs Pere's father had a fall and spent a few days in the hospital before being returned to memory care. Her mother managed to back her car up with the door open, catching it on the garage door frame and needing major car repair. She drives like a madwoman too. I'm starting to reconsider the wisdom of moving down to Phoenix. It makes us the family "first responders".

Time to remove the keys. Better a garage door than a person.

Got up kind of early and did some beekeeping, then wanted to start on a fallen hickory before it got hot, but was worried about waking the neighbor, so I waited until after nine and then it was already too hot. I think I'm going to the lake today.

My husband got some amazing photos of bees in action on this hilltop we’re camping on. When I get home I’ll post them on FB.

We went to a dinner at a local church tonight. We each had a generous helping of pulled pork, served with or without bbq sauce and a bun. Sides of boiled salt potatoes, Cole slaw, corn, and applesauce, a cornbread muffin, plus a drink and a brownie for dessert.

All for $10 each. I wish we could do this once a week!

How's the heat wave, Rob? We're having similar weather here. We're expecting highs in the low 90s tomorrow, and a heat index of over 100 on Monday....

Top Bottom