::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

The lady across the street from us asked if she could have visitors park in our driveway today for a memorial service at her house. Certainly, we told her.

At 8:30 this morning I moved my truck to the cemetery parking lot several blocks away to empty our driveway.

There has been no sign of anyone parking in our driveway, or hers....

The lady across the street from us asked if she could have visitors park in our driveway today for a memorial service at her house. Certainly, we told her.

At 8:30 this morning I moved my truck to the cemetery parking lot several blocks away to empty our driveway.

Maybe it's tonight

So not memorable?

I remember at my father's funeral, the chapel we were in filled almost immediately, and the funeral home ran speakers to adjacent rooms so everyone could hear the service. I remember thinking that my dad would have been pleased that he could still pack a room.

I remember at my father's funeral, the chapel we were in filled almost immediately, and the funeral home ran speakers to adjacent rooms so everyone could hear the service. I remember thinking that my dad would have been pleased that he could still pack a room.

People were dying to get in....

I'm leaving shortly to go to a dental appointment, and won't be back for a couple of hours. I guess I'll park at the cemetery again when I come back, just in case her service is later than I thought....

I think that is a good indicator of a life well spent. I was touched that so many people came to my mom's funeral.

I think that is a good indicator of a life well spent. I was touched that so many people came to my mom's funeral.

I saw your tag under your name so I had to go watch that video again.

Always cracks me up. Such conviction singing completely made up lyrics.

We had two Darts and a Duster. The Duster was a real POS.
I remember a friend down the street had a Duster. I remember liking the little tornado logo sticker on the side. I think I was in fourth or fifth grade.

We had two Darts and a Duster. The Duster was a real POS.

Hmm... doesn't seem much to brag about...

darts_sml-.jpg
grey-ostrich-feather-dusters.jpg_350x350.jpg

Nanilei's dad's memorial was insane.
About 1200 people showed up. Standing room only inside, and then people just packed in the other various rooms, outside, standing in the parking lot, it was overwhelming.
It took us hours just to hug everyone that we could.
After the service, it was a HUGE party and kanikapila at his home.
I remember my fingers being bloody and seeing blood on my Ukulele and strings the next morning.

We were also talking about it recently, and we think, maybe, that Peps was there jamming with us, which is maybe how he knows Nanilei's sister. We gotta find out.

I remember a friend down the street had a Duster. I remember liking the little tornado logo sticker on the side. I think I was in fourth or fifth grade.

Ours was my mom's. It was the most stripped model possible - didn't even have power steering. It was a two door in mustard yellow. When the seats were flipped forward so we could get into the back the driver's seat would hit the horn button on the steering wheel. My dad got it as an end-of-model year clearance special for a dirt-cheap price to replace my mom's old '65 Dart. My mom hated that Duster - we didn't have it for long.

Top Bottom