::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I'm even wondering about UWC in about 10 or so weeks. Hugs and potluck meals?

in answering Robs question about travel and UWC

They expect this virus to taper off during the warmer months like normal influenza. (I've heard that on the news a few times now)

It gets crazier every day. It sounds like the plot of a Steven King novel.

"The Stand" maybe?

Steven King tweeted something to the effect that this is not going to become "The Stand". Someone tweeted back, "How do you know? Have you read it?"

"The Stand" maybe?

Steven King tweeted something to the effect that this is not going to become "The Stand". Someone tweeted back, "How do you know? Have you read it?"

I'm hoping he was being sarcastic because then it would be an awesome response.

Otherwise sad. . . . for all of us.

I'm pretty sure my school will be closed after tomorrow. The library is being converted to an online lab for computer use with stations spaced apart and wipes all over the place.

They're having us survey students on device and internet access.

Most all private schools in the area have closed already and it's rumored that there are a few students being tested for Covid-19 at our site.

I was going to start student presentations today but I pushed it back because if we do close I won't have time to do the presentations anyhow and I'll just give them an alternate assignment.

I was going to start student presentations today but I pushed it back because if we do close I won't have time to do the presentations anyhow and I'll just give them an alternate assignment.

Will you be closed or just teaching online? Any idea what to do with the food classes if you have to go online?

in answering Robs question about travel and UWC

They expect this virus to taper off during the warmer months like normal influenza. (I've heard that on the news a few times now)

The CDC currently says there’s no proof of that.

"The Stand" maybe?

The Stand is what I was thinking. I read it forty or so years ago. At least it seems like 40?

Will you be closed or just teaching online? Any idea what to do with the food classes if you have to go online?

They're setting up to go online but the thing is, we're not ready to go online. On FB there's a group of "Family and Consumer Science Teachers" and people are posting and sharing plans for remote teaching. I've been copying links like a madman! Most them have to do with "life skills" and not directly cooking.

Last week I was shopping and sucking on a piece of hard candy. I noticed it kept my mouth shut while I was in the store. Since then I have been musing about how or if it helps prevent airborne pathogens from getting sucked in. Couldn't find any data about it online, probably a tough thing to study, but I think I am going to presume it helps at least a little, one less hole for corona to enter, right?

I'm pretty sure my school will be closed after tomorrow. The library is being converted to an online lab for computer use with stations spaced apart and wipes all over the place.

They're having us survey students on device and internet access.

Most all private schools in the area have closed already and it's rumored that there are a few students being tested for Covid-19 at our site.

Our county just closed schools for next 2 weeks

Top Bottom