::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Got up kind of early and did some beekeeping, then wanted to start on a fallen hickory before it got hot, but was worried about waking the neighbor, so I waited until after nine and then it was already too hot. I think I'm going to the lake today.

Ah, the old "release-the-husky-and-then-answer-the-door-in-a-towel" gambit.

All part of my master plan to not only land a man who is far inferior to the one I already have, but also s** where I eat by keeping it on the block.

Mrs Pere's father had a fall and spent a few days in the hospital before being returned to memory care. Her mother managed to back her car up with the door open, catching it on the garage door frame and needing major car repair. She drives like a madwoman too. I'm starting to reconsider the wisdom of moving down to Phoenix. It makes us the family "first responders".

You'll become a shepherd of 2. Even 1 is exhausting. Pace yourself.

Today is uke club and day 2 of dance recitals. I should grab a card and a gift card from Taco Bob's for my dad. He said he ends his bicycle rides there pretty frequently since they have vegan options.

Much better today thank you.

Day 3 of antibiotics and a prescription cough suppressant.

So do you have a new standard now of how bad you feel/when to call the doc? I'm sure the tipping point is way different than it used to be.

It's a stressful position, for sure! In hindsight, I'm so glad I was able to be that "first responder" for my mother in her final years. It was never easy, but, in the end, very worth the effort....

You'll become a shepherd of 2. Even 1 is exhausting. Pace yourself.

We must get there first. I hope that there isn't a tragedy before we move.

We must get there first. I hope that there isn't a tragedy before we move.

It's a weird family dynamic. I have little standing, being both liberal and religious. I am blamed for their daughter not developing "appropriate" conservative values (though she came by her values quite honestly on her own). So of the 3 in-laws I have the least standing and the weakest voice. This leaves me with the duty to make all this easier on my wife, without being able to influence any of the decisions. "Shut up & drive" is my mantra.

It's a weird family dynamic. I have little standing, being both liberal and religious. I am blamed for their daughter not developing "appropriate" conservative values (though she came by her values quite honestly on her own). So of the 3 in-laws I have the least standing and the weakest voice. This leaves me with the duty to make all this easier on my wife, without being able to influence any of the decisions. "Shut up & drive" is my mantra.

Shut Up and Drive is the name of a local band.

So do you have a new standard now of how bad you feel/when to call the doc? I'm sure the tipping point is way different than it used to be.

More than two sniffles in a day?

I’m a teacher. We don’t even pee until a bell says it’s okay. This will take some getting used to.

I spent four hours with my friend in his workshop today. While we have made progress, we are still encountering obstacles, too. I never thought this project would be this problematic, and I feel bad about using up so much of his free time.

We are down to the set-up for the final two cuts on each top. They are angled cuts, creating parallel planes. The angles must also be at precise angles to previous cuts, or the whole thing will be "off".

It has been frustrating, but interesting and challenging, too. I'm hoping we'll figure out this last bit of it next time. Then it will be on to sanding and finishing....

Top Bottom