::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

running portable AC in James room

Using a big industrial fan to blow hot air out and draw in some cooler (not much but it helps) air from an open window on the opposite side of the house. When I walked in after teaching, my house was 94*F. WTF?! It was hotter inside then outside.

Need to clear out space in the master bedroom to install another portable AC unit. Not much room, my house is tiny. Maybe I'll look into a window unit?

We missed all the hot weather here this summer because we weren't around.

Guess mother nature saved some for us.

running portable AC in James room

Using a big industrial fan to blow hot air out and draw in some cooler (not much but it helps) air from an open window on the opposite side of the house. When I walked in after teaching, my house was 94*F. WTF?! It was hotter inside then outside.

Need to clear out space in the master bedroom to install another portable AC unit. Not much room, my house is tiny. Maybe I'll look into a window unit?

Window units here can be had for maybe $125. Cheap, compared to the relief that they can supply. With a little bit of care they last for years.

Window units here can be had for maybe $125. Cheap, compared to the relief that they can supply. With a little bit of care they last for years.

We have central air, which is getting a bit elderly. About thirty-five years old I believe. But it keeps running.
We have a Cape Cod style house. The ends of the upstair ceilings are on a slant.
Anyhow the central air lacks on the second level, so I put a small window shaker in one bedroom window upstairs. I think it does at least half of the work cooling the house, and makes for comfortable sleeping. Also a little white noise at night.

I got this PM from Don:

Hi, Rob. I can't post to the forum today. I get an error message that says, "Forbidden. Member blacklisted".

This happened to me once before. I think maybe Andy fixed it. Could you let someone know I'm having trouble?

Thanks,
Don

I don't think That he minds me sharing it. What do you think PM Andy?

We missed all the hot weather here this summer because we weren't around.

Guess mother nature saved some for us.

We have had a very cool summer. No days over 100 (so far), just a few over 90. Let's keep it this way.

I got this PM from Don:

Hi, Rob. I can't post to the forum today. I get an error message that says, "Forbidden. Member blacklisted".

This happened to me once before. I think maybe Andy fixed it. Could you let someone know I'm having trouble?

Thanks,
Don

I don't think That he minds me sharing it. What do you think PM Andy?

I don't think Andy has that power - but hit him up on Facebook. Seeso might be able to do something, but it might have to be Ryan.

Slog is a generous word for the UMC ordination process.

I mean, I'm glad for a process. Without some pieces of the process, Jim Jones (yeah, that one) might have become UMC clergy. Then again, I had kind of an adversarial relationship with the IGRC Board of Ordained Ministry. Long story. Even longer process.

I don't hate the Waterman - however, I did notice that the majority of the ones I've seen have crazy high action higher up the board. I'd never buy one sight unseen.

Top Bottom