::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

The last two days have been warm but diecent. This morning, 80 with a dew point of 76. So if it was 4° cooler we would have fog? The high 96.
They say Sunday a cold/cool front is coming through. It should be back to nice again.

Of course I remember when the song was brand new on the AM radio.

WLS-AM.jpg

Three letters call sign tells you it's old. And the W means east of the Mississippi river. Originally the letters used to stand for something. WLS was owned by Sears. (World's Largest Store) Another, WGN was owned by the Chicago Tribune. (World's Greatest News)

Does anyone listen to AM radio anymore?

Attachments

• WLS-AM.jpg
    WLS-AM.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0

WLS-AM.jpg

Three letters call sign tells you it's old. And the W means east of the Mississippi river. Originally the letters used to stand for something. WLS was owned by Sears. (World's Largest Store) Another, WGN was owned by the Chicago Tribune. (World's Greatest News)

Mrs Pere still listens to FM despite the sat radio subscription. How she can stomach all the ads is beyond me.

Heading up to Flagstaff for the weekend. Get a little cool. Highland games, piping, and trains for RL Kid. Leave this morning and return Sunday.

Except for one little thing . . .

Kitty is back in the hospital to fight chronic infection. Mrs Pere is breathless by the phone. May decide to stay behind.

WLS-AM.jpg

Ours was 93 KHJ Boss Radio. I just looked it up. The station originally started in 1922 long before the rock-n-roll format I knew growing up.

Heading up to Flagstaff for the weekend. Get a little cool. Highland games, piping, and trains for RL Kid. Leave this morning and return Sunday.

Except for one little thing . . .

Kitty is back in the hospital to fight chronic infection. Mrs Pere is breathless by the phone. May decide to stay behind.

Mrs. Pere has the best heart ever.

Mrs. Pere has the best heart ever.

I've never had the courage to say, "It's me or the cats," because I'm pretty sure how it would shake out. There were times we said, "We're staying together because of the kids." Neither one of us wanted to take them alone.

Normally I feel I perform best when sober. But FEELING it, especially in a jam session type setting, yes sometimes a little bit of alteration is good.

Probably because something says it's ok not to follow the "rules" maybe?

When I was in boarding school there were a number of student-built scientific projects I participated in. One of them was a radio telescope, used to listen to radio energy (formerly light, either far far away, low energy, or retreating very quickly, or all three) but because of the campus location all we got was KHJ.

I have a Satellite radio subscription, but it does not work in Hawaii. I can still listen online or via my phone, but it uses data.

There is an excellent Hawaiian music station, AM 940, that I listen to every day. My clock radio alarm is set to that station.
Also, on the drive to North Shore, there are several dead spots for FM but AM940 comes in the whole way, so I often switch to that.

Going to make breakfast and then call AAA. Hopefully all Helen needs is a jump start. She has been sitting for 19 days. Went to start it and nothing.
Both the alternator and the battery have been replaced recently.

WLS-AM.jpg

When I was a kid 620 KGW was THE big station in the area. Mel Blanc got his start on KGW radio before Warner Brothers nabbed him to be the voice of Looney Tunes. The radio call sign appears to be defunct now - 620 is now KPOJ sports talk. KGW is still the call sign for the Portland-area NBC affiliate, however.

When I was a kid 620 KGW was THE big station in the area. Mel Blanc got his start on KGW radio before Warner Brothers nabbed him to be the voice of Looney Tunes. The radio call sign appears to be defunct now - 620 is now KPOJ sports talk. KGW is still the call sign for the Portland-area NBC affiliate, however.

I remember when EVERYBODY in Portland seemed to have one of these stickers on their car. The station would have people cruise around in a van and pull people over and give them cash for showing their KGW stickers.

images

Top Bottom