Page 1793 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 79312931693174317831791179217931794179518031843 ... LastLast
Results 17,921 to 17,930 of 18745

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulelerob View Post
    My grandson started Monday at a job. His stuff didn't work out as well as his sisters.
    It's a long journey, that's life, we never quite know where the road will lead us. He just past mile marker 10.
    We will have to see how it goes, aside from summer landscaping, this is his first real job. He will continue with electrical engineering in the fall, not sure if he will keep the job at that point or not. Cummins is a big employer in the region and I'm hoping this leads to an engineer job in the future. Not crazy about him working nights, but I did it for years, got to start somewhere. It was kind of nice not having to tell him to go to bed last night.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

I know Gary Yoshida.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    We will have to see how it goes, aside from summer landscaping, this is his first real job. He will continue with electrical engineering in the fall, not sure if he will keep the job at that point or not. Cummins is a big employer in the region and I'm hoping this leads to an engineer job in the future. Not crazy about him working nights, but I did it for years, got to start somewhere. It was kind of nice not having to tell him to go to bed last night.
    Perfect job for a night owl.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

Quote Originally Posted by salukulady View Post
    Perfect job for a night owl.
    I used to work 4pm-midnight.
    I loved it.
    I lived on the Beach in Newport.
    Never had to set my alarm.
    I could do grocery shopping at night when I got off work with no one in the store.
    If I needed to go to the dentist, doctor, run errands, I could "get up early" and do it during the day.
    Thursday nights I had extra processing and computer backups to do, so would often not gett off work until 4-6 am, so I did not have to work on Fridays.
    Every weekend was a three day weekend.
    I had a great tan
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

Do you think it would be a good idea to open a twitter, IG and FB site for my classroom?

I can post our projects and other things to kind of promote the class.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    Do you think it would be a good idea to open a twitter, IG and FB site for my classroom?

I can post our projects and other things to kind of promote the class.
    Nah. Just do Myspace. Isn't that what the kids are into these days?
    1:99
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    Nah. Just do Myspace. Isn't that what the kids are into these days?
    That's my way of saying I don't know. Is this for your new "adulting" class or for all your classes in general? Will the students use it do you think? This won't be directly relevant due to the difference in age and educational level, but in my cohort in school we put together a FB page to use to keep in touch, share class experiences, support each other with assignments and all that stuff. There are 27 people in my cohort and probably 10 regular participants who use the group. For those who use it it's very valuable - but it can't be considered the central source since so many people just don't interact with all the social media stuff...
    1:99
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    That's my way of saying I don't know. Is this for your new "adulting" class or for all your classes in general? Will the students use it do you think? This won't be directly relevant due to the difference in age and educational level, but in my cohort in school we put together a FB page to use to keep in touch, share class experiences, support each other with assignments and all that stuff. There are 27 people in my cohort and probably 10 regular participants who use the group. For those who use it it's very valuable - but it can't be considered the central source since so many people just don't interact with all the social media stuff...
    No it's for my regular culinary classes. My "living skills" units will be part of culinary. I'm just thinking it would be an easy way for kids that are interested to show some pride in the class and also to sort of "advertise" what we do and what we learn. I have a sneaking suspicion that the current administration is trying to do away with as many vocational classes as they can get away with. In the last ten years we've lost woodshed, metalshop, autoshop and a couple more have been cut back like photography and a few art classes.

I kind of want to "build my brand" and build up my program so they can't shut it down. Not that big of a deal really, I can always go to a neighbor school and take over their program. They have a much better facility and much more interest.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    Are you close to home?
    Got in 2 hours ago. Took housesitter to the airport. Now the unpacking begins.
    Rule Three: Anger is easy. Love is hard.

Rule 23: All Whining Must Be Done In Private.

Rule 30: If you’re gonna be stupid, you better be strong.

Dig In-finity! - The Naz, in the words of Lord Buckley

14:29044

I think that’s a great idea Gary. They could post pics of their successful projects in class. They could invite their folks and families to comment.

At my school we have two FB pages. One is a business page that only we can post stuff on and the other is more casual where the student can post too. It works well.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

Good morning, one and all!
    Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

"Just a few ukulele hooligans getting wild and strummy...." - chindog

5:2576

Thread Information