::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Rafe Report:

Tonight: Basketball Practice; correct research papers

Sat: early morning basketball individual coaching; correct research papers

Sun: correct research papers

The glamorous life of an English teacher.

Four hours?

Anyone have any weekend plans?

Emma has a booth at a street sale tomorrow - she is selling some of her crafts. She does teeny tiny little felted animals - they're amazing. We're setting up an Etsy shop for her, too. She's selling them to help fund a trip to Florida next summer - it's a science-based educational trip. Her science teacher has done them before and the students have had a great time and learned a lot.

Here's her Etsy shop - not really anything in it at the moment, but we're getting there...

www.etsy.com/shop/microcritters

Emma has a booth at a street sale tomorrow - she is selling some of her crafts. She does teeny tiny little felted animals - they're amazing. We're setting up an Etsy shop for her, too. She's selling them to help fund a trip to Florida next summer - it's a science-based educational trip. Her science teacher has done them before and the students have had a great time and learned a lot.

Here's her Etsy shop - not really anything in it at the moment, but we're getting there...

She made me a wombat for my birthday last year. She even made me a teeny tiny little poop cube to go with the wombat. I love it. I have several of her animals - the wombat, a sea otter, the penguin on her Etsy shop, a blob fish, and my favorite - a hummingbird. She was making a llama last night. Her eye for detail on such little animals blows my mind.

Can I put in an order for a zebra?

I meant being able to differentiate hitting an obstruction on the road rather than the people or pedestrians to the sides if you try to avoid it. But maybe it senses that and just brakes accordingly?

I’ve wondered how it will discriminate between a dog running into the path of a car from the side and a wind-blown plastic shopping bag. They are both about the same shape and speed. But one is important to avoid and the other is just nuisance trash.

This kid just did a study on the Prius and specifically the battery manufacturing and disposal. He was bummed. His research was contrary to what he thought it would be. From what I remember the mining process for the chemicals in the battery, the manufacturing process and it's damage to the earth when disposed were more damaging than a gas powered car over the lifetime of the cars. He set out to prove that electric cars need to replace fossil fuel cars.

And where are the natural resources to make those batteries?

Oh yeah, Afghanistan and China.

This gives insight into the ongoing conflicts.

Rafe report:

Saturday - Drop off Mrs Pere at rose event in Sebastopol. Spend day touring Russian River south to Point Reyes. Eat fresh seafood and take fine photographs, weather permitting.

Sunday - Drop Mrs Pere off at rose event in Albany. Maybe attend worship at church in Marin I served in the last century. Waste time poking around the East Bay.

Monday - San Francisco tourism and purchase goodies for return trip.

Tuesday & Wednesday - Drive back to Phoenix.

Had dinner with my brother and two nephews tonight. Lots of love and bliss. My brother, now 80 is slowing down, feeling the effects of wear and tear that are beginning to show up in me. My nephew and his husband are younger, but not so young that they aren’t a little worried by what they see happening to us.

Rafe Report:
Tonight: Canoe Hut. Karaoke.
Tomorrow: Hopefully beach. Maybe go eat some fresh fish at Ken's Fresh Fish.
Probably run the weed eater.
Maybe get some more groceries.
Sunday: More beach? Finish whatever chores I was too lazy to get done?

This is a special place.
The fact that a retired clergyman can profess lots of love for his nephew and his husband makes me smile big.

The fact that everyone else here feels the same way is even better.

This is a special place.
The fact that a retired clergyman can profess lots of love for his nephew and his husband makes me smile big.

Amen to that.

Middle of the night gratuitous post.

This is a special place.

I agree.

::Like::

This is a special place.

Before y’all get too misty eyed, my best man 36 years ago was gay. Being able to have a partner might have saved his life. Promiscuity, liquor and smokes killed him.

I got feels.

Before y’all get too misty eyed, my best man 36 years ago was gay. Being able to have a partner might have saved his life. Promiscuity, liquor and smokes killed him.

I got feels.

Just a few years before that it was illegal to even be gay in my state let alone have a partner.
My wife's cousin moved to Seattle for the freedom there, I believe, quite a few years ago. She has since moved back since the death of her wife, from breast cancer, to be with family.

Just a few years before that it was illegal to even be gay in my state let alone have a partner.
My wife's cousin moved to Seattle for the freedom there, I believe, quite a few years ago. She has since moved back since the death of her wife, from breast cancer, to be with family.

I got in a fistfight against four of my own “friends” in high school defending a guy who came out towards the end of senior year. He was the first one to sue a school to take a same sex date to prom. I didn’t even know him other than to say hi in the halls.

The irony?

One of the four came out thirty years later, and two of the others each have a gay child.

I got in a fistfight against four of my own “friends” in high school defending a guy who came out towards the end of senior year. He was the first one to sue a school to take a same sex date to prom. I didn’t even know him other than to say hi in the halls.

The irony?

One of the four came out thirty years later, and two of the others each have a gay child.

That kid never even thanked me.

Those guys apologized at our 10 year reunion. They were guys I played football with, never really hung out with them. They were meathead jocks. I was that kid who was friendly with all the cliques.

Top Bottom