::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

On Saturday Mrs Pere took me to a shopping center in Scottsdale. Very upscale. Yesterday we went to the local Walmart. The people watching sure was different.

Good morning. Got into poison ivy. Story of my life. I think my body is so used to it that it does not wake me up. So that is good.

Report on my visit to the heart guy yesterday: Reduction on the pills that I'm taking. Changing the statin to a more efficient one, and less mg on the aspirin. They did an EKG All Ok. Routine Echo scheduled.

So it looks like that all went well.

Sounds great, Rob. Keep up the good work....

Just got back from my doctor's appointment, where we got the results from last Saturday's CT scan. The results were not what we expected, and not what we wanted to hear.

The tests show that my lymphoma is unresponsive to my chemotherapy regimen. The chemo isn't getting the job done. The regimen I've been on for two cycles is considered to be the standard treatment for cancers such as mine, but, in my case, it isn't enough.

The oncologist is trying to expedite a referral for me to a major, in-patient cancer center in Tampa. There they will be able to administer a more aggressive, heavier duty chemo regimen, but I have to be in the hospital for it. They will also consider whether or not to give me a bone marrow transplant.

Waiting to hear back from the doctor about when I can get in for a consultation, and then for admission. Elaine is leaving for NY again on Thursday, and returning on Monday. This is not what we had planned for our near future....

Just got back from my doctor's appointment, where we got the results from last Saturday's CT scan. The results were not what we expected, and not what we wanted to hear.

The tests show that my lymphoma is unresponsive to my chemotherapy regimen. The chemo isn't getting the job done. The regimen I've been on for two cycles is considered to be the standard treatment for cancers such as mine, but, in my case, it isn't enough.

The oncologist is trying to expedite a referral for me to a major, in-patient cancer center in Tampa. There they will be able to administer a more aggressive, heavier duty chemo regimen, but I have to be in the hospital for it. They will also consider whether or not to give me a bone marrow transplant.

Waiting to hear back from the doctor about when I can get in for a consultation, and then for admission. Elaine is leaving for NY again on Thursday, and returning on Monday. This is not what we had planned for our near future....

Hard news, Don. Your disease CAN be healed.

I had a colleague who went through aggressive chemo, then bone-marrow transplant. He came through it and lived a full life. Stay strong.

Sorry to hear that Don.
I hope your new treatment regimen is effective.
PoHoMoJo continues! >>>>>>>>~÷~÷~÷~÷~÷~>>>>>>>>

Don... noooooooo! This is not good! But please keep up hope and fight! I hope you get to go to Tampa soon and get the treatment you need!

One fight down. More to come. Just keep on fighting. We can be you cheerleaders! Go team Don!

I was 191 full dress yesterday. I'm guessing about 185 in underwear. Probably 175 would be best for me. I have been in the high one sixties and look sickly.

That's what my cardiologist said. My "healthy" weight is probably between 210-220. She said I'd look like a watermelon on a celery stalk if I got below 200. Gotta love food analogies!

Just a step backward to get a full head of steam to kick its *ss Don! You got this!!!

Crappy news Don, I’m so sorry. But it’s great they gave an alternative treatment that may work. Keep up the good fight and please keep telling us what’s going on.

Well, it's three in the afternoon and I turned the air on. We have had quite a few days without it. But it looks like we have a run coming where it's needed to be comfortable.

Well, it's three in the afternoon and I turned the air on. We have had quite a few days without it. But it looks like we have a run coming where it's needed to be comfortable.

It's raining so hard right now that the water outside my office is going UP the window.

On a completely weirdly selfish note: Mailman Can you have visitors in the Tampa hospital? Will you be there the first weekend of November if you do go there? I know it is weird to ask, but I hate not to ask and not see you!!!

Top Bottom