::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I had an issue show up on and MRI and spinal tap (they call those "lumbar punctures" now.

Tried a new ramen place that just opened in Cupertino, Afuri Ramen.

Their dashi (soup stock) is chicken based and infused with yuzu (Japanese citrus). It’s different. It was good, but not what you think of when you think “ramen.” If I were craving ramen i’d Go somewhere else, but if I wanted a light feeling meal that felt refreshing, I’d definitely go back.

They have one in Portland too.

Still not sold on them saying it's gluten free...it was made in a facility with gluten and in fermentors with gluten items and I am sure we didn't scrub all traces of gluten from kettle before we boiled it....

Yeah - it's not gluten free.

She wants to get a Christmas tree tomorrow...we will see what we can do.

Sheryl announced yesterday that we are getting our tree on December 7. That's way early, but I just said, "you're the queen of Christmas. What you say goes."

Latest word from my oncologist is that all my statistics from all the testing look very good, and all the different numbers are headed in the right directions. This is great news!

I had a biopsy of the tumor yesterday, but it's too early for results from that, yet.

I'm feeling pretty good, but I'm tired and have little energy. It'll come back, slowly.

I get around fairly well in the hotel room, as there's lots of stuff to hang on to. If I venture out any farther, I have to use a walker; one of those four wheel jobs with a seat built in. That offers stability while walking, and a place to sit if I need it, no matter where I am..

This is all very good news, Don! Keep the good news coming!

That profit margin can’t all be research?!?!

I have a lot of thoughts on this whole thing. Not all on the side of "pharmaceutical companies suck". It's very complex. There is a lot of suck there - but a lot of assumptions on the part of the consumers, too.

Sheryl announced yesterday that we are getting our tree on December 7. That's way early, but I just said, "you're the queen of Christmas. What you say goes."

As the only Japanese kid in my elementary school, Dec. 7th was not a day I looked forward to.

And that doesn’t seem all that early to me. Those suckers are expensive now. More bang for the buck!

I have a lot of thoughts on this whole thing. Not all on the side of "pharmaceutical companies suck". It's very complex. There is a lot of suck there - but a lot of assumptions on the part of the consumers, too.

That’s what I figured. There’s a lot I don’t know.

But my gut reflex is the suck. Mostly for items like Epipens, insulin, etc. that have been around for a long,long time. The cost of pharmaceuticals in other countries also fuels my knee-jerk reaction. And I know my opinion is not very well informed.

Top Bottom