::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Being an adult — notice I did not say adulting — sucks.

It’s hot out. I have taken refuge under the patio umbrella.

LOL

I remembered that somebody here didn't like that phrase. Now I remember who :)

I go to clean and this is what I get from Cinder:

EBD6F51E-8694-4455-92D4-650AFC4A3E83.jpg
“Mom, belly rubzzzz. Paaaaahlease!” She thumps her tail expectantly.

I am so upset I am shaking.

Just ignore me. This is the only safe place I have.

Am sorry you are feeling upset. If I was there, I'd give you a big hug. All I can do from this distance is say that your ukulele family loves you and sends our warmest thoughts to you right now.

July 11th was my mother's birthday. 99 Years ago. We have traveled the highway of life without her for 34 years. She was 4 years younger than I am now.

My sister-in-law (Shirley's sister) Sandy's birthday was also that day. Shirley and her family has been without her since October 2011.

As long as I am remembering: Lynn and I became orphans in 1995 when my father passed. He was about six years older than I am now.

Have spent quite a bit of time this past week with memories of our folks. As you said, July 11th was mom's birthday and July 12th was when dad passed on.

I woke up on Wednesday and glanced at my phone (without my glasses) to see the screen had a notice on it that I thought said 'Mom'. Then I thought maybe it said Mon. as in Monday...but no, it isn't Monday. I retrieved my glasses and sure enough, it said Mom. It looked like a call or text message notice. A little freaked, I then realized that I had put Mom's birthday on my phone calendar. My first thought, though was that I must have done something really bad if mom was trying to get a hold of me! :eek:.

Can any of you advanced music people tell me how he does this? I'm guessing he has his uke tuned slack key style?

Jon Yoon said key of G

Have spent quite a bit of time this past week with memories of our folks. As you said, July 11th was mom's birthday and July 12th was when dad passed on.

I woke up on Wednesday and glanced at my phone (without my glasses) to see the screen had a notice on it that I thought said 'Mom'. Then I thought maybe it said Mon. as in Monday...but no, it isn't Monday. I retrieved my glasses and sure enough, it said Mom. It looked like a call or text message notice. A little freaked, I then realized that I had put Mom's birthday on my phone calendar. My first thought, though was that I must have done something really bad if mom was trying to get a hold of me! :eek:.

You know you’re really in trouble if they call you from the grave.

I got a lot of my chores done. I didn’t clean out the car, because temps are in the low 90s and that would royally suck. Tomorrow’s high is predicted to be 99. Ew. Car cleaning will have to wait until Monday morning. Thift store drop off can wait too. I have a hamper full of clothes and eight boxes and bags of clothes, books, kitchen stuff, toys, and other odds and ends.

I still have too much stuff. I’m a tragedy away from ending up on one of those home organization intervention shows.

My birthday is Wednesday. We’re celebrating it today. TKO is making me bouillabaisse for dinner. Smells amazing. I can hardly wait. Drooling.

To go to church or not tomorrow? The topic is interesting and near and dear to my heart. Sean kind of wants me to go to lunch with his friend and wife. She wanted to know if I was going to be there too. She doesn’t want to feel like a third wheel. Not sure I have the mental energy to engage in a social situation like that. My social anxiety has been pretty high of late.

To go to church or not tomorrow? The topic is interesting and near and dear to my heart. Sean kind of wants me to go to lunch with his friend and wife. She wanted to know if I was going to be there too. She doesn’t want to feel like a third wheel. Not sure I have the mental energy to engage in a social situation like that. My social anxiety has been pretty high of late.

If it fits you go to church. Skip out on lunch. Say you got other obligations.

If it fits you go to church. Skip out on lunch. Say you got other obligations.

Which is legit. My wife I feel has social anxiety. I try to meet people but this area is loaded with peopely wife knows since she grew up here. So like at pool I don't want to be a creeper talking to people trying to make friends. Oh well. I guess I just hang here at the house.

Which is legit. My wife I feel has social anxiety. I try to meet people but this area is loaded with peopely wife knows since she grew up here. So like at pool I don't want to be a creeper talking to people trying to make friends. Oh well. I guess I just hang here at the house.

I probably should join the local beer club but it's a little farther then I would like to travel at night.

Top Bottom