::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Another sunny day here. The bunker has no air conditioning but stays about 20° cooler than the ambient outside air temperature.

Early this morning racoons were very active. They have been climbing trees looking for cicadae (plural of cicada).

I thought I was going to miss my flight today.
I was at TheBus stop, and apparently TheBus I wanted to take was a bit early, but that's ok, I can take TheNextOne and still make my flight - usually.
So I let THREE other buses go by, which were not ideal, but would have got me there.
My bus was TWENTY minutes late.
Panic.
But I made it, I am in my seat now.
Phew!

How did the name "Passion Fruit" originate?

The passion fruit is so called because it is one of the many species of passion flower, the English translation of the Latin genus name, Passiflora. Around 1700, the name was given by missionaries in Brazil as an educational aid while trying to convert the indigenous inhabitants to Christianity; its name was flor das cinco chagas or "flower of the five wounds" to illustrate the crucifixion of Christ, with other plant components also named after an emblem in the Passion of Jesus.

My niece and her family are moving here from Collegeville, PA. Their moving truck was scheduled to pick up their stuff yesterday and then the family was flying out today. They'll stay with my sister while waiting for their stuff to arrive at their house. (Becky and her husband, Andrew, are 28; they have two girls, 3 and 1).

The moving truck was late yesterday. Becky called the company and was informed that they wouldn't be arriving until Monday. Fortunately they have friends who will supervise the moving company.

Today, after many weather delays, their flight from Philadelphia to Portland was canceled. They now can't get out of there until Saturday, and the replacement flights they were given now include two plane changes instead of one and also include O'Hare, which is infamous for weather delays to the West coast.

Andrew starts his new job shortly after they arrive and can't change his start date, so Becky will probably have to supervise the unloading of the truck herself when it arrives. With two very young girls. Sheryl and our girls are going to go over and help - Annie and Emma can distract Beth and Nora while Sheryl and Becky work to get the house put together.

Hopefully the rest of this move goes smoothly...

My niece and her family are moving here from Collegeville, PA. Their moving truck was scheduled to pick up their stuff yesterday and then the family was flying out today. They'll stay with my sister while waiting for their stuff to arrive at their house. (Becky and her husband, Andrew, are 28; they have two girls, 3 and 1).

The moving truck was late yesterday. Becky called the company and was informed that they wouldn't be arriving until Monday. Fortunately they have friends who will supervise the moving company.

Today, after many weather delays, their flight from Philadelphia to Portland was canceled. They now can't get out of there until Saturday, and the replacement flights they were given now include two plane changes instead of one and also include O'Hare, which is infamous for weather delays to the West coast.

Andrew starts his new job shortly after they arrive and can't change his start date, so Becky will probably have to supervise the unloading of the truck herself when it arrives. With two very young girls. Sheryl and our girls are going to go over and help - Annie and Emma can distract Beth and Nora while Sheryl and Becky work to get the house put together.

Hopefully the rest of this move goes smoothly...

hey I delivered our beer to the Wegmans in Collegeville!!!! Good stuff!!

So been having ac issues with my crv....luckily it was under warranty still. Brought it to a dealer because the mechanic didnt want to deal with the paperwork on the car. Found out that the car had many issues.....the brakes were gone....metal on metal even though the mechanic said it should be good till next summer. also some rear differential problems....the oil level was low but it was due for an oil change anyhow. Also the tires should have failed as they were not the right size for the make.....in NJ its ok but in PA it should have been rejected the 2 times it passed...so we brought it in for a $100 ac compressor and it cost us 2500......oh well better then a new car. Although my inlaws said why not get a new car....

So been having ac issues with my crv....luckily it was under warranty still. Brought it to a dealer because the mechanic didnt want to deal with the paperwork on the car. Found out that the car had many issues.....the brakes were gone....metal on metal even though the mechanic said it should be good till next summer. also some rear differential problems....the oil level was low but it was due for an oil change anyhow. Also the tires should have failed as they were not the right size for the make.....in NJ its ok but in PA it should have been rejected the 2 times it passed...so we brought it in for a $100 ac compressor and it cost us 2500......oh well better then a new car. Although my inlaws said why not get a new car....

weird because a new car would only be 15k if we did good....so yea why not.....

I watched the movie Free Solo on the plane.
Crazy.
I could not imagine being in a place either mentally or physically to do that.

Hugs to Ben starting his life on his own. It’s way harder on the folks than the kid.

My house is way too quiet.

Top Bottom