Page 1958 of 2054 FirstFirst ... 95814581858190819481956195719581959196019682008 ... LastLast
Results 19,571 to 19,580 of 20538

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulelerob View Post
    The talk about AM radio made me think of the crystal radios that they used to make.
    I made one of those when I was a kid.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Damon, when you want crazy good tonkatsu try Tonkatsu Tamafuji on Kapahulu. I heard the lines get super long but we went when they first opened. Best katsu either of us has ever had. Aged pork cooked to perfection. And the tsukemonos (pickled stuff) reminded me of when I was a little kid and my great-grandmother made all of that stuff. Pics on FB

The other place was Tonkatsu Ginza Bairin. Really good too, but not as good as the other place.

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

BTW

I've gained between 15-20lbs since Disneyland. We'll basically have been eating out for over a month for every meal.

Passionately Untalented

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    BTW

I've gained between 15-20lbs since Disneyland. We'll basically have been eating out for over a month for every meal.
    There have been a lot of posts about eating.
    Uke Players Do It With Four Strings.
    YouTube | Facebook
    ...I think life should be a musical... Tammy
    1:25367

I too made a crystal radio. Also a Shortwave kit with about 20 feet of wire antenna strung from my window to the apricot tree. All I got on that was Radio Moscow. Every so often my dad brought home a huge console radio, 11 bands. I got some crazy shizz on that but never quite knew what it was.

Given all the Apollo 11 stuff going on, I had a miniature Mercury capsule crystal radio. There was a screw that came out of the little end that tuned it.

I used to listen to KNBR 680 out of San Francisco. 50,000 clear channel watts. I college in Pullman, Washington we’d get it when the atmospheric skip was good. AM was great for that. FM is pretty much line of sight.

Those big radio stations were backup navigation beacons for aircraft and ships. They could triangulate from them to find position. That’s why they did station ID so often.
    Dig In-finity! - The Naz, in the words of Lord Buckley

14:29044

I made one of those when I was a kid.
    Me too!
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

Damon, when you want crazy good tonkatsu try Tonkatsu Tamafuji on Kapahulu. I heard the lines get super long but we went when they first opened. Best katsu either of us has ever had. Aged pork cooked to perfection. And the tsukemonos (pickled stuff) reminded me of when I was a little kid and my great-grandmother made all of that stuff. Pics on FB

The other place was Tonkatsu Ginza Bairin. Really good too, but not as good as the other place.
    Awesome, looking forward to it!

\m/ahalo
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string

BTW

I weighed myself at SIL's place.
    Was bummed to discover I had gained 15 lbs.
    I got home and weighed myself on my scale.
    I gained 7 lbs.
    Ok, that I can believe over the last three weeks of Mexican food, desserts, beer, and booze.
    I'll be back on track by the end of next week.
    Compass Rose 5 string

Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post
    I too made a crystal radio. Also a Shortwave kit with about 20 feet of wire antenna strung from my window to the apricot tree. All I got on that was Radio Moscow. Every so often my dad brought home a huge console radio, 11 bands. I got some crazy shizz on that but never quite knew what it was.

Given all the Apollo 11 stuff going on, I had a miniature Mercury capsule crystal radio. There was a screw that came out of the little end that tuned it.

I used to listen to KNBR 680 out of San Francisco. 50,000 clear channel watts. I college in Pullman, Washington we’d get it when the atmospheric skip was good. AM was great for that. FM is pretty much line of sight.

Those big radio stations were backup navigation beacons for aircraft and ships. They could triangulate from them to find position. That’s why they did station ID so often.
    A friend at the boarding school had a killer shortwave receiver. We spent hours late at night listening to all kinds of groovy stuff from around the planet.
    Listening to the first Columbia launch on NASA radio is an especially vivid memory.
    Compass Rose 5 string

Today was a little nuts.
    Getting AAA to diagnose the battery failure, finding out the battery was indeed bad, going to Costco for warranty exchange, etc. Took many more hours than I thought it would.

The worst part? As I was driving to Costco I glanced in the rearview mirror and noticed the passenger map light was on.

So guess what? The dead battery was likely my fault (or Nanilei's) leaving that light on the night before we left for California.

Whatever.

I have a new battery free of charge.

Now just got a text that a friend is flying in tomorrow morning.

I really wanted to go to HASR Bistro with Gary tomorrow, but now might have to go do something with her and Nanilei.

We'll see, maybe I will just take TheBus to HASR Bistro and let the girls do their thing.

Happy wife, happy life, right?
    Compass Rose 5 string

Thread Information