::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I showered and brushed my teeth today, so that can’t be it.

But since this is the internet, that doesn’t matter anyhow.

Tired.

Went to the Warriors game.

An old friend called me up last minute to see if I could go. Mika said "doesn't it bother you that he probably called 3 or 4 other people first?"

Nope. I'm sitting 10th row at the Warriors game!

Had a great dinner last night at Rosa’s Italian restaurant. Really old school. Totally the ‘70s. Chunky wine glasses. Plasticky tablecloths. All the good old recipes on the menu. I had linguine with clams and garlic.

Aloha Kakahiaka PoHos!
Got my cardio in early today running for TheBus.
Don't want to miss this one as I am going to Lana'i today.
I *just* made it, TheDriver saw me running across the street and opened the door for me at TheLight so I did not have to run all the way to TheStop.
Phew!

Had a great dinner last night at Rosa’s Italian restaurant. Really old school. Totally the ‘70s. Chunky wine glasses. Plasticky tablecloths. All the good old recipes on the menu. I had linguine with clams and garlic.

That sounds nice!

Someone who just finished a cigarette sat down next to me on TheBus.
As a former smoker myself, I apologise for all the people that I have foisted that odor upon.
Man, did I really smell like that all day?
Sorry.

As a former smoker myself, I apologise for all the people that I have foisted that odor upon.
Sorry.

Yup.

Apology accepted. :)

Sorry.

Try massaging a smoker. Doesn’t happen often but it’s vile when it happens. As you work the smell gets worse as it leaches out of their pores and mixes with the oil or lotion you are using. It’s hard to get the smell off you hands and forearms. And the entire treatment room must be aired out and sprayed. It’s terrible. I refuse to take on a client regularly that smokes but sometimes you get a walk in you are unaware is a smoker until they’re on the table. Fortunately most smokers are not especially heath minded so massages are not something they seek out often.

Except for you guys, I haven't really told anyone about my heart stuff.

Today in my FB memories was a post from last year where I commented on my "cough/cold"

I had no idea at that time that it was something much worse and I should have known that my cough that came out of nowhere and got progressively worse was a symptom of something else.

My lesson learned is not to make excuses for the way you are feeling. "Oh, I just need more rest so I won't feel tired." "This cough will go away." etc. etc.

You guys too! Please don't ignore your body and what it's telling you.

Good morning Kids. Watched my favorite childhood Christmas movie last night, Holiday Inn. It’s been a few years. I completely forgot about the blackface number. Geez, that was weird.

Try massaging a smoker. Doesn’t happen often but it’s vile when it happens. As you work the smell gets worse as it leaches out of their pores and mixes with the oil or lotion you are using. It’s hard to get the smell off you hands and forearms. And the entire treatment room must be aired out and sprayed. It’s terrible. I refuse to take on a client regularly that smokes but sometimes you get a walk in you are unaware is a smoker until they’re on the table. Fortunately most smokers are not especially heath minded so massages are not something they seek out often.

I bartended when you could still smoke.

There would be a distinctive cloud from about 4' and up. I used to come in through my back door and strip before entering the house and then head straight for the shower. No way I was going to go to bed smelling like an ash tray. It permeates everything.

Except for you guys, I haven't really told anyone about my heart stuff.

Today in my FB memories was a post from last year where I commented on my "cough/cold"

I had no idea at that time that it was something much worse and I should have known that my cough that came out of nowhere and got progressively worse was a symptom of something else.

My lesson learned is not to make excuses for the way you are feeling. "Oh, I just need more rest so I won't feel tired." "This cough will go away." etc. etc.

You guys too! Please don't ignore your body and what it's telling you.

I also put it out there on FB that I have congestive heart failure and now I'm getting a ton of texts and PM's. Including lectures from two high school friends that are now both cardiac surgeons.

Top Bottom