Page 1467 of 1489 FirstFirst ... 467967136714171457146514661467146814691477 ... LastLast
Results 14,661 to 14,670 of 14885

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

  1. #14661
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brown County Indiana
    Posts
    12,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    I bought tickets this morning for a Mardi Gras party, here at the complex next month. It sounds like fun: professional DJ, dancing, games, beads, and food. They're doing jambalaya, gumbo, and who knows what else. Like all events here, it'll be BYOB.

    The tickets are just $3, and all proceeds go to help pay for bringing in live music events, periodically. The last two of those were quite good, IMHO.

    Sounds like a good time to me....
    Sounds well worth it just for the food.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

    UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

    Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

    I know Gary Yoshida.

  2. #14662
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    43,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    You do such a good job with the socializing and having fun! That kind of stuff would give me panic attacks - I wish I could enjoy it more.
    I thought it was amusing that Don keeps mentioning that everything is BYOB and he doesn't drink.
    9:23448

    Passionately Untalented

    Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

    Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

  3. #14663
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    43,024

    Default

    So my principal sends out staff trivia every Monday and Friday. Today's question was which athlete didn't act in a movie (not counting cameos)

    Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    Magic Johnson
    Shaq
    Michael Jordan

    So I sent my answer with a clip from Game of Death w/Bruce Lee and Kareem and now I've been watching Bruce Lee fight scenes for about 30 minutes.
    9:23448

    Passionately Untalented

    Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

    Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

  4. #14664
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ewa Beach, HI
    Posts
    25,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    So my principal sends out staff trivia every Monday and Friday. Today's question was which athlete didn't act in a movie (not counting cameos)

    Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    Magic Johnson
    Shaq
    Michael Jordan

    So I sent my answer with a clip from Game of Death w/Bruce Lee and Kareem and now I've been watching Bruce Lee fight scenes for about 30 minutes.
    But Kareem was also in Airplane!, way more than just a cameo.
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

  5. #14665
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ewa Beach, HI
    Posts
    25,147

    Default

    It's a Lana'i Friday. My plane just arrived, just about 15 minutes late...
    I hope I get back at a reasonable hour, Canoe Hut tonight!

    Of course, if my flight is really late, I can just head straight there from the airport.

    Canoe Hut is like three lights away from the terminal.
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

  6. #14666
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ewa Beach, HI
    Posts
    25,147

    Default

    Speaking of Canoe Hut, I took home one of Uncle Bernard's 15" Yamaha PA cabinets to see if I could fix it.
    I opened it up and tested all the components.
    The tweeter horn is OK, the crossover is OK, the woofer is completely dead.
    I looked on Amazon and can get a 15" woofer for about $75.
    I have Prime so free shipping.
    I am going to offer to fix it for him (if he pays for the woofer) and it will save him significant $ over replacement.
    It would be fun for me too.

    Something that really surprised me was the tiny gauge wire connected to the woofer and the horn from the crossover. I would think it would be much more robust based on the size of the cabinet.
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

  7. #14667
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pueo View Post
    Speaking of Canoe Hut, I took home one of Uncle Bernard's 15" Yamaha PA cabinets to see if I could fix it.
    I opened it up and tested all the components.
    The tweeter horn is OK, the crossover is OK, the woofer is completely dead.
    I looked on Amazon and can get a 15" woofer for about $75.
    I have Prime so free shipping.
    I am going to offer to fix it for him (if he pays for the woofer) and it will save him significant $ over replacement.
    It would be fun for me too.

    Something that really surprised me was the tiny gauge wire connected to the woofer and the horn from the crossover. I would think it would be much more robust based on the size of the cabinet.
    Way to go!!! Good job on the diagnostics.

    Last year I repaired our sub-woofer. The foam rubber surround edge that holds the paper cone to frame had deteriorated and the cone no longer worked properly. Purchased a new foam rubber surround, the proper adhesive, scraped away the old stuff, and put on the new surround.


    Hopefully it will go another 18 years.
    Last edited by spots; 02-08-2019 at 11:00 AM.

  8. #14668
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    In one of those "isn't it weird how you never talk about something and then it comes up several times in just a day or two?" moments...there was a light dusting of graupel on the ground this morning. I kind of did a double take - but the stuff was definitely soft little balls, not flakes.
    Now you'll have to grapple with all the times you encounter graupel.

  9. #14669
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,788

    Default

    Reading Mailman's posts is like hearing someone describe their vacation on a cruise ship, or a Sandals resort.

    Mature people today. It's just one party after another for y'all all day long. No sense of responsibility or purpose.

    Why when I was your age we didn't have pensions, or retirement, or time off to play. We worked until we died, and then we STILL set the alarm to get up and do it all over again.

    Sheesh.

  10. #14670
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    I thought it was amusing that Don keeps mentioning that everything is BYOB and he doesn't drink.
    Maybe it stands for something else...

    - Bring Your Own Babysitter
    - Bring Your Own Banana Split
    - Bring Your Own Bongos
    - Bring Your Own Bowling Ball
    - Bring your Own Boxing gloves

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •