::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I feel like a foreigner every time I look at this thread.
I guess it's like a TV drama where you have to keep up with the story.
But I remain intrigued...
Can someone explain what "::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!" means?

You can PM me if it's ultra-un-cool to have to explain it.

Just jump in!
We are all friends, all are welcome.
I am on my phone, so I do not want to type out the whole origin story, but maybe someone will later...

In other news, the gate agent now says, oh, yeah, sorry, the flight is in fact delayed, now leaving at 6:10pm.
It is 4:33 now...

Can someone explain what "::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!" means?

There are long explanations, but the simplest one is that it's a place for people to come and talk about whatever they feel like. Think of it as the corner pub. There is no topic, you can talk about pretty much anything, and everybody is welcome.

Oh and Tracie? I'm Damon. We usually use our first names here, or nicknames, not always our avatar names...

There's more to it than this and I wasn't here from the beginning. But back in the day Ahnko Honu (his UU username) had more posts than anyone in the forum. That was chapter 1. Now we're up to Chapter 23. I've only been here since Chapter 14.

We talk about beer, life, fountain pens, knitting, death, lots of stuff, and even (rarely) about ukuleles. It's a Hawaiian thing to talk story. That's mostly what we do here. Takes awhile to get the context. Jump in and soak it up.

Tell your story as you see fit.

It’s on the test. You can ask.

There's more to it than this and I wasn't here from the beginning. But back in the day Ahnko Honu (his UU username) had more posts than anyone in the forum. That was chapter 1. Now we're up to Chapter 23. I've only been here since Chapter 14.

We talk about beer, life, fountain pens, knitting, death, lots of stuff, and even (rarely) about ukuleles. It's a Hawaiian thing to talk story. That's mostly what we do here. Takes awhile to get the context. Jump in and soak it up.

Tell your story as you see fit.
Don’t forget flamingoes. You always forget.

Hi Tracie, I’m Sally from so cal. Been here since the first chapter. It’s home for many of us. New peeps are always welcome.

And Tracie, many of us have met in real life as well.
Many of us have attended and met at Ukulele World Congress, and many of us do try and meet up when we are geographically near each other.
I am originally from Southern California, just a couple of miles from Sally's house, and I moved to Oahu seven years ago.
We call ourselves the PoHos, which comes from Post Whores, as the thread was originally kind of a place where we just posted at random to increase our post count.

At the end of this week a PoHo is coming to Oahu for the Ukulele Festival, and there will be PoHo Meetup pictures posted!

Top Bottom