::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Yes. Just waiting for biopsy results from yesterday. Chest CT, brain MRI, and bone scan were all negative, thankfully. No spread into those areas....

Let's keep hearing good news like that!

PoHoMoJo in full effect!
}=}=}=}=}÷->>>>>>>>>

Yes. Just waiting for biopsy results from yesterday. Chest CT, brain MRI, and bone scan were all negative, thankfully. No spread into those areas....

Good news!

Now for good news on the biopsy! You didn't happen to just swallow a small football at some point did you?

Biopsy... Isn't that a fancy way of saying, "We're going to use a REALLY expensive leather punch on you, in several places, and then charge you a lot of money for the pleasure."

No visit from the doctors today, and now we're told it's too late, and they'll see us tomorrow. We've told them ALL DAY how anxious we were for this report....

No visit from the doctors today, and now we're told it's too late, and they'll see us tomorrow. We've told them ALL DAY how anxious we were for this report....

They're busy figuring out how to admit that they mistook a football on the floor under the CT scanner for a tumor and you're just fine?

Here's hoping for good news!

Gotta watch out for those footballs. They show up everywhere... even space.

images

I had a fun moment at the Kanile'a tent. There were a group of young men singing Hawaiian songs.
I picked up a Willie K 5-String and joined right in
No one said anything, but I could tell they were surprised this random haole knew the songs.
Then Joe spotted me and we chatted for a while.
He looks great.
He and his wife are just super nice people.

He and Kristen have been eating "whole" plant diet. They both look great.

Gary was telling me about the kanikapila at HASR Bistro.
Sounds like a great time, sorry I missed it this year.

I did not see Bryan at the festival this year, nor Kimo Hussey, that was a first for me.
I also did not run into anyone from Kolohe, my former ukulele club from Huntington Beach.

I was also bummed I missed Chuck Moore.

I did get to see and visit with Andrew Kitakis and Corey Fujimoto, and Len, and Uncle Rod Higuchi, and Greg, and pops Okami.

I also saw Craig and Sarah (as I mentioned earlier) and also David Kamakahi.

I caught Kalei's set, and saw Taimane, and Karlie G, and Beat-lele, and that Jake guy... :D

I was chatting with these guys I met at HMS two years ago when Jake stopped on his way to the stage to say hi to me. As Jake walked away one of the guys, Tim, squeeled in disbelief that he just met Jake, and his partner Scott (I think that's his name) was literally jumping up and down. Mid celebration Scott deadpans "Too gay?" Funniest moment of the day.

Fun guys. They're going to try to make it back again next year since it's the 50th.

Oh, I also took an ukulele with me to the festival, and did not even open the case.
I just played a bunch of display models.

The Willie K five string was nice.
So was a Pono baritone eight string.
I also played a sweet KoAloha concert.
Something about those KoAlohas...
Every time I play one I end up becoming enamored with the sound. There is a little something special about them for sure.

I also played a beautiful Kala six string tenor.
It looked fantastic but the sound and feel was nothing special.

Did you get a chance to see the new one Chuck dropped off?

Or the two Petros ukulele's Andrew is going to sell on consignment? Bruce Petros does amazing work. I think you just missed him too.

It was a bummer we didn't get to hang out more. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by The Study Hall on Friday just to say hi. Hopefully next year less "life" will be happening.

Top Bottom