Thread: When concerts will be back?

Default When concerts will be back?

All these things with drive-in concerts seems to be not popular. How do you think can we see any kind of 'classic' live shows till the end of the year?

This sure looks like a bait question because there's no real answer. I get the feeling BeastinTown's next post is going to advertise something to pay for. If so, I'm going to send it in as spam/advertising. Correct me if I'm wrong BeastinTown.

He did reply that it's not spam, so I stand corrected.
    Last edited by kohanmike; 05-21-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Oh, I thought you meant concert ukes, and was gonna say they never left! I'm with you, I miss live music too!
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 05-21-2020 at 03:20 AM.
    John

I doubt that mainstream concerts will reappear until a vaccine is developed. At least I do not plan to attend any crowded indoor live concerts until I am vaccinated. I do not expect that to happen this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastInTown View Post
    All these things with drive-in concerts seems to be not popular. How do you think can we see any kind of 'classic' live shows till the end of the year?
    I wouldn't play one—prefer tenor and baritone—but concerts are popular. I've been groovin' Bach cello suite movements—officially Baroque but sorta classic to many. And yeah, Bach takes a lot of practice so maybe I'll be ready for a show by December or so.

Quote Originally Posted by man0a View Post
    I doubt that mainstream concerts will reappear until a vaccine is developed. At least I do not plan to attend any crowded indoor live concerts until I am vaccinated. I do not expect that to happen this year.
    Right! Until conditions are somehow made safer than they are now, I wouldn't be comfortable in a big crowd. Last night, I dreamt that we no longer had to wear masks, and I wasn't comfortable with that.

As for a vaccine, the anti-vaxxers are gearing up to protest having to accept a vaccine.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Please, I can see where this might be going. Let's keep it outta the weeds.

I heard a rumor that one ALF might be having a show with one musician for it's residents. I know that sounds like very small potatoes, but that's how we stay active and bring in extra cash.
    I'm afraid it will be a long time before we do another ALF show, and they're no more risky than a crowded public concert.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

I just make a research trying to have a whole picture of situation. Thank you. Not every newbie is a spammer, but I understand you!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastInTown View Post
    I just make a research trying to have a whole picture of situation. Thank you. Not every newbie is a spammer, but I understand you!
    Thanks for clarifying, I'll edit my post.

The USA Presidential Election is a major problem in all research, even here in Australia.

I suggest you turn off the news, start an appropriate dialogue with your local State elected representatives and be patient.

It is very unlikely that any politician is going to ignore advice about a dangerous and contagious disease, more so in an election campaign. The big events have been stopped by the politicians. In the USA and Australia the relevant politicians are not at the Federal level, the lock-down polices and law enforcement agencies are mostly controlled at State level by a Governor or Premier. Each State will be different. Here in Australia, one State, the Northern Territory allows big gatherings now because there are very few cases and the State's borders are closed. Another State, Victoria is still suffering a lock-down because there has been a cell of infection at a meat processing plant in Melbourne. I expect the same will occur in the USA. When the politicians think its safe, they will let the promoters get a permit to have the big concerts. While there is an big Federal election campaign happening, they will be even more careful.

The longest you will have to wait is maybe the next election. If you vote out your State administration and replace it with one that supports concerts, you will have concerts. In the end, your Governor or Premier is responsible for the delivery of health services and policing in your state, the Federal level of politics provides funds for these things, but does not have much constitutional power over them. So I recommend you do the research in your State politics, find your local elected representatives, and follow their social media and use the existing processes to tell them that you want to be informed about the processes related to concerts. Forget about the medical research in respect of getting a concert, focus on the politics, which is well beyond the scope of UU.

Thread Information