::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Hey GT!

It was good seeing you again. Sorry I didn't wait around to tell you goodbye (goodbye).

I'm sure I'll see you at a show before I head back home.

A few months back I won a $250.00 credit for the Ukulele Site.

Today I told Andrew I want to use it to purchase strings for local North Shore schools that have ukulele programs.

He was very appreciative that I would do that. I think he might match the amount of strings because I told him to purchase the Ko'olau sets.

And since I don't actually play my ukulele at these festivals I bought new strings and restrung it. I'm pretty sure the strings on there were five years old.

I put a Ko'olau wound "C" set on the use I built.

They sound really good but it took away some of the punchiness and it sounds a little deeper and fuller.

To my ears anyhow.

I'm cherishing the quiet of my hotel room right now.

The lack of sound is nice.

. . . but the air-conditioning is better!

So after two days of p*** towels this is what I found today.

IMG_7769.jpg

I'm guessing this is how they're supposed to be hung.

I hope wherever we go out for dinner tonight has fresh fruit.

For some reason I'm craving fruit. At home I've been eating a lot of cherries, white nectarines, apples and mangos.

I hope wherever we go out for dinner tonight has fresh fruit.

For some reason I'm craving fruit. At home I've been eating a lot of cherries, white nectarines, apples and mangos.

Sheesh that took entirely too long.

Glad it looks like "the kids" are going to try to work it out Sukie. I hope the drama isn't too much for you.

Sally, hope the shower was fun and memorable for everyone.

Hey Don, how's the new place?

Sucks about the fish Kenvin. Fishing is not as fun as catching.

Ugh just got home.
Our house is SO hot!
My thermometer on the wall clock in my room says 94.3 degrees.
If feels even hotter.
I think we are going to the movies.
I went and played on stage with everyone else at the ukulele festival, always fun!

I don't have one of those fancy weather clocks. That is the indoor temperature.

The men are hardcore. And men too far off the leader pace are eliminated so I am sure they could try but would most likely get eliminated.

There’s a women’s Tour with shortened stages and only about a week. There are other women’s events too. There is no direct competition between the men and women, the performance difference is too big. Women racers are hard core.

Caught up.

We made it to Phoenix. RL Kid isn’t happy about it. It’s going to be a long transition.

Exhausted but must shower.

Movers expected at 8am.

Not saying it's right to not include them and maybe they would last a stage or 2 but not sure they would make the whole 21 stages

There’s pack of women riding the course a day ahead of the Tour riders. Except they have to deal with normal traffic since the the roads are only closed for the official race day. 🚴🏼*♀️

Top Bottom