::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

So someone donated a pan they probably already abused.

At least they thought so. The pan was clean as could be and not a problem with it. Still is great pan we love it and it was a great price. The problem is we have like a Frankenstein sort of pots and pans. Not really one that are the same so it would be nice to have a complete set.

For repairing rotted wood and making it useable again... Look at Abatron Liquiwood and Woodepox. The stuff is approved for home on the National Historic Register. I've used it to repair the bottom of front door door jambs that have rotten almost completely through from outside to inside. Fantastic stuff.

The Liquiwood is an epoxy that is also a water proofer and sealer. It absorbs into wood and turns soft/punky wood into something hard and stable. If you apply new wood, or good wood, then it prevents water from penetrating the wood.

The Woodepox is a filler. When dried you can saw, sand, hammer, nail, etc. just like wood. If you mix it with Liquiwood you can make a pourable mixture that can be poured into molds, or around rebar to make something very structural.

Thanks Spots. I just lost some rain gutters to rotted wood. Hope this will make it possible to rehang the gutters.

Cast iron is amazing especially when treated properly. I grew up with it. I avoid it now because of my wrists. Too damn heavy.
Also if you cook tomato products or fish in it the food really picks up the iron taste.

I've got a monster that I love to cook with, doesn't seem right using anything else.

I'm fighting the system, trying to buy enough of our prescription medicines to last us while we are in Florida. None of them are controlled substances. They are maintenance drugs that we will take for the rest of our lives, for things like arthritis and gout, etc.

The doctor is okay with it. The pharmacy is okay with it. The insurance companies, though, frown on refills before they are "due".

It would be faster and easier if I were trying to buy illegal opioids on the street! Why can't folks apply common sense, anymore?

I am poorly paid.

My wife spends all her paycheck instead of saving. Well we do support her parents but any extra goes to vacations and spoiling. Can't break her of the habit. I fear I'll be eating Alpo when I'm retired.

To be fair, pet food has come a long way.

Did she finish the course? If they screw up and don’t finish the program the military goes after the student. You must follow through.

She says that they have a veteran advisor at the school who has to "approve" their course load. She needed to take some courses for her (very specific at the time) desired career path that weren't approved by the advisor as being critical to the degree plan. So now she has to pay that off before she can continue.

I think $1000 would buy you about two weeks in a university in my state.
Maybe? That is of course if you are a resident.

She was attending a community college, so about $85 a credit hour plus books, fees, materials.

https://download.cnet.com/windows/calorieking/3260-20_4-113439-1.html

You don't need a nutritionist, just track what you eat and you'll be able to eliminate some of the bad stuff on your own. This is the link to CalorieKing. I downloaded the free diet manager and the food search. It's very easy to use. The "manager" isn't as robust on your phone so I just write it down in my notes on the phone or just remember what I ate and logged it in later. Today, I know what I'm eating for lunch already so I logged that in ahead of time. Try it for a couple weeks to see what you think. Free.

I'm going to be starting keto. The recommended app for that is Carb Manager, I believe.

My paternal grandmother who passed away about 7 years ago now, used to call me and let it ring once. That was my signal to call her back because she was on a limited call account. The other day I was preparing breakfast fairly early (about the time she used to call) and the phone rang once. Without thinking I grabbed the phone and started dialing 247-9422. Her number that I haven't dialed in over 7 years. It freaked me out a little. And I also had a little tear in my eye when I realized what I had done.

Last month, at our local uke group, we played a song out of one of the Daily Ukulele books that I don't recall us playing before. It's a song I'm quite familiar with, but just hadn't played.

My plan was to go back and play it some more.

The problem is, now I can't remember what the song was....:mad:

Top Bottom