::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I do a guided meditation every night for Annie when she goes to bed - sometimes I use a winter storm as the setting.

Really? I didn’t watch the vid so I don’t know if you are kidding. Guided meditation is a wonderful tool. Especially for anxious children.

Put spiked ice tires on the motorcycle and ride it in the snow?

Or wheels on the front of the snowmobile?

Whether you can run a sled in the summer depends on if it is liquid cooled or air cooled. But no, those aren't realistic options.

Called to check on my "budget plan" with the power company and we've accumulated a $500 overage credit. So they're sending me a check back for half and I'm keeping the other half with them for "just in case" kind of thing. So yay! Free money, essentially!

Also saved $200 between my 2 homeowners policies today. I'm killin it.

Really? I didn’t watch the vid so I don’t know if you are kidding. Guided meditation is a wonderful tool. Especially for anxious children.

I'm not kidding. The focus of that particular meditation is being cozy and comfortable inside her own little cabin where she can watch the power and majesty of the storm and let the sounds and the security of the safe space lull her to sleep.

Lunch:

2 small sandwiches (about the size of a half sandwich)
5 radishes (leftover from dinner prep)
1 Diet Cherry Pepsi

Roughly 300 calories, 38g carbs and 665mg of sodium.

Breakfast was a Spinach eggs Benedict w/a small bowl of fruit (300-ish calories; 41g carbs; 550mg sodium)

This seems awfully low on calories but I've checked it against two different database.

Is it database or databases?

You teach culinary skills. You might as well throw in some of Bufford and Cooter's recipes.

That would mean things like smoked meats (preferably ham), bacon, stack cakes, apples all sorts of ways (stewed apples - yum), various types of beans, potatoes, other root type things such as "ramp" (wild leek) for "potato ramp soup", corn various sorts of ways. And you can't forget the lard because it really does add flavor.

My favorite times were apple and blueberry seasons.

During summer camp it was blueberry pancakes each morning as long as we could pick enough blueberries to keep the kitchen's industrial sized pot filled to a certain level.

A good blueberry syrup is also a treat.

Apple harvest season meant fresh apple butter and apple cider.

My family overdid making apple sauce one year. We had gallons of the stuff frozen. It was years before I wanted to eat apple sauce again.

Also home made sassafras tea and sumac tea from Staghorn Sumac.

Last edited:
Not MIM......

Mim announced that she wouldn't be around much because of the negative comments she received so I expect her to not be around much.

Sukie just kind of faded away.

Maybe she just got tired of my posts about everything and nothing?

Ha!

I was just listening to Pandora's "Jawaiian" station and didn't particularly care for the song that was playing. The vocals weren't as good as the usual quality music they play.

It was Tia Carrere. Guess I'm not a Tia Carrere fan. I did like her in Showdown in Little Tokyo but then I learned it was a body double. :biglaugh:

Okaaaaaaay then...

Umm... So I left this running in the back ground whilst I did some stuff.... somewhere along the line I looked up (not sure when...) and saw naked couple run across the screen!
Some of you guys/gals wanna watch it in its entirety and mark the time code of the 'event' ?

It happened... seriously.... would I lie to you?

I'm not kidding. The focus of that particular meditation is being cozy and comfortable inside her own little cabin where she can watch the power and majesty of the storm and let the sounds and the security of the safe space lull her to sleep.

That’s wonderful. Will you come put me to bed?

Okaaaaaaay then...

Umm... So I left this running in the back ground whilst I did some stuff.... somewhere along the line I looked up (not sure when...) and saw naked couple run across the screen!
Some of you guys/gals wanna watch it in its entirety and mark the time code of the 'event' ?

It happened... seriously.... would I lie to you?

You might.........now gonna look for it....

Would have been great if Sam was MIM.....that's what min needs. Secret Id.....

What if YOU are secretly Mim. Maybe those photos of that beard, mustache, and all that beer talk is really to throw us all off track.

That’s wonderful. Will you come put me to bed?

I used to do it with Ben, too. Emma was too analytical. I would say, "I want you to imagine you are in a meadow filled with wildflowers" and she would say, "What kind of wildflowers? What colors are they? Do they smell? Is it on a hill or is it flat? Is there grass or just the flowers?" before I could get another word out edgewise.

And Sally - if you pay for my ticket, sure I might give it a go.

Top Bottom