::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

He wouldn't use the word "remission", yet. I'm only 31 days past my receipt of the modified t-cells. If I continue to do this well until day 90, then he'll be ready to declare remission....

W O W !
PoHoMoJo for the win again!
So happy for you Don!

Where I grew up, lunch was the noontime meal, and the evening meal was dinner or supper, which were interchangeable terms....

My mom called after school snacking "having tea" and then we had 7pm supper time.

So, today was our meeting with the oncologist in Tampa to hear the results of my latest scans.

Best. Freakin'. News. EVER!!! He said I have had a "complete response" to the t-cell replacement therapy. I pressed him to define complete response, and he told us that I no longer have any detectable sign of the disease. Done. Gone. Not to be seen.

He showed us images of my last scan next to images of the previous one. The difference is like night and day. All of the cancer appears to be gone, leaving behind only benign scar tissue, which may disappear over time.

He also told us that the lymphoma had invaded my liver, which we had not heard before. He also said, for the first time, that had I not gotten into this t-cell program when I did, the cancer would have killed me within a few months.

Today may very well be one of the happiest days of my life....

I AM SO FRIGGIN HAPPY TO READ THlS!!!

Thank you, my friends, for all of the support, well-wishes, encouragement and PoHoMoJo. It all means more to me than you'll ever know....

Top Bottom