::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I just got a phishing scam email using my principal's email.

They're now asking for 2 $100.00 amazon gift cards. They'll pay me back of course.

Any creative replies?

My favourite is to just ask the principal for his school credit card number to buy the gift cards and you'll get right on it!

My favourite is to just ask the principal for his school credit card number to buy the gift cards and you'll get right on it!

One of my student's suggested that too. I thought it would chase them away too quickly. Next time!

I'm currently using their email to sign up for everything I can find that asks for an email.

Random Discovery

My kids are doing a creative writing exercise so I'm a little bored. Playing with the buttons on my shirt and discovered they're made with what looks like coconut shell. Need to find out if they are now.

I had a couple of nice aloha shirts that had coconut buttons.

One of my student's suggested that too. I thought it would chase them away too quickly. Next time!

I'm currently using their email to sign up for everything I can find that asks for an email.
Nice!
:biglaugh:

A musician friend of mine posted his conversation with a similar requester.
He really dragged him on for days.
Oh, I have to catch a bus to take me to the bank to deposit my check, then I can buy the cards...
I missed the bus, tomorrow for sure!
They put a hold on the check, as soon as it gets released, I will buy the cards.

All the while interspersing weird conversation about what he was eating, the weather, asking if he wanted anything else, it was amazing.

A musician friend of mine posted his conversation with a similar requester.
He really dragged him on for days.
Oh, I have to catch a bus to take me to the bank to deposit my check, then I can buy the cards...
I missed the bus, tomorrow for sure!
They put a hold on the check, as soon as it gets released, I will buy the cards.

All the while interspersing weird conversation about what he was eating, the weather, asking if he wanted anything else, it was amazing.

I offerred to walk over with cash and got an immediate response/excuse not to.
I went on and on about how Pringles shouldn't be considered a potato chip.
They asked me to discreetly send them the cards and I wrote that he should know I was discreet after our encounter at the Students Custodial, Administrators and Meta-cognition (SCAM for short) conference last fall.
They agreed with me that skateboards are a much better form of transportation than unicycles.
I used to like pie better than cake but I'm starting to change my mind after having a fabulous "egesta" cake. (I googled synonyms for bullshit).

If their answers were more humorous I would have kept the thread. They weren't much fun, but I kept myself occupied while my students were writing. That's a win.

I offerred to walk over with cash and got an immediate response/excuse not to.
I went on and on about how Pringles shouldn't be considered a potato chip.
They asked me to discreetly send them the cards and I wrote that he should know I was discreet after our encounter at the Students Custodial, Administrators and Meta-cognition (SCAM for short) conference last fall.
They agreed with me that skateboards are a much better form of transportation than unicycles.
I used to like pie better than cake but I'm starting to change my mind after having a fabulous "egesta" cake. (I googled synonyms for bullshit).

If their answers were more humorous I would have kept the thread. They weren't much fun, but I kept myself occupied while my students were writing. That's a win.

I got one of the "I'm calling from Windows about your computer" calls last week. I started to play along, but very quickly got tired of it and said, "Oh, this isn't as much fun as I'd hoped. I know you're full of crap and this is a scam. I'm surprised anybody falls for this garbage any more," and hung up.

Car and Driver magazine lasted less than an hour. I get a whole month out of the Road & Track I keep by the toilet.

Top Bottom